Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Problems with my Z4

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Problems with my Z4

Post by ronk » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:50 am

I suppose this is an example why a solid BMW dealer history is important!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Problems with my Z4

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:16 am

Zedabee wrote:I'm not moaning about it, I just wondered if it was worth following up with BMW since the dealer (which was Sytner in Ascot) said originally that hey expected to get a contribution form BMW and agreed that bboth were things that really shouldn't go wrong on a 4.5 year old car.

I'll look at TWG, thanks Mr Tidy.
Sorry to hear that OP - I've always been very happy with Sytner Sunningdale (or Ascot for service dept).

Mrs Tidy bought a new Mini from them in 2003 and had no problems, so when I got my first BMW in 2005 I also started using them for servicing. She bought another Mini in 2006 and I changed my BMW in 2008 and the first issue we had was with her R56 Mini. The Control Unit for the traction control needed replacement at 4 years old in 2010 (no extended warranty) - they only managed to get a one-third contribution out of BMW, but I think BMW were the problem rather than Sytner to be fair!

The starter motor on my 1 series needed replacing in 2014, but it was over 6 years old and had done 76K miles - they contacted BMW for me, but couldn't get anything out of them! (I blame stop/start)!

I haven't used them since as my cars are much older now, which is why I've used TWG ever since! Also excellent service, but much cheaper (we had service packs when the cars were newer). :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Problems with my Z4

Post by dr_john » Wed May 17, 2017 12:48 am

My wife's Audi TT recently needed a new gearbox. 6 years old and 105000 miles, Audi coughed up 50% of the cost without any pressure from us. We have been loyal customers for servicing at the dealership for several years, but goes to show what can happen.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack