Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Door mirror glass does not tilt when in reverse PROBLEM FIXED

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sat May 13, 2017 7:41 am

Hi Folks
Can any one help I have a 2013 E89 2.0 , I have just noticed the door mirror glass does not tilt anymore when car is in reverse, fold back mechanism and adjustment control still works though, would welcome any help .
Last edited by Tricky Dicky on Sat May 13, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving:

Zikim

Door mirror glass does not tilt when in reverse

Post by Zikim » Sat May 13, 2017 8:03 am

Check the button on the door mirror control (on door panel), it has to be set to the right for the mirror to dip in reverse (check to the left as well if this doesn't work!)

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Sat May 13, 2017 8:05 am

Mirror select control needs to be set to drivers side in order for auto dip of passenger mirror. It's in the manual.

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 am

Hi Folks
Thanks for the replies, even when the button on th drivers door was put into the correct position the reverse tilt facility did not work , however it gives me great pleasure to announce, I've fixed it !!!. I think I've done something that has reset the electrics , as it was "defiantly not working" I moved the left/right door mirror selectin switch together with the Fold back switch in various sequences and hey presto the reverse tilt facility is now working :thumbsup: :driving: :D I do not know th sequence unfortunately , :headbang: but it's working. I wonder how much the local BMW shop would have charged for this ,anyway I'm happy as a pig in s**t now apart from the devastation to my house during our effing mega extension (wife's idea) I'm paying !!!!! Sounds familiar doesn't it .
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving:

Young Pretender

Post by Young Pretender » Sat May 13, 2017 8:54 am

This is good news.. will have to have a play, thanks :thumbsup:

rif75

Post by rif75 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 am

Same problem but I just bought the car so I don t know if normal? The car with seats memory shoud have it right?