Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Remote window problem. SOLVED

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:31 am

When locking the car remotely, all 4 windows used to wind up if you left your finger on the remote key's lock button. Same with unlocking - all the windows would wind down. Now, for some reason only the little quarter windows operate from the key, the door windows can only be operated by the door switches. What have I done? How can I get it back to how it used to be? :headbang:
Both the car's keys act the same, and they have fresh batteries so I'm assuming the problem is with the car, not the key.
2010 S-Drive 35i 6-speed manual :driving:

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 am

After much research and failed attempts to reset or initialise the window and locking functions, I contacted the BMW dealership which had recently performed the E89 recall update on the car which necessitated work on battery cable and/or terminals. I inquired as to whether the work completed by them could have done something to cause the problems I was now experiencing.
They asked me to perform an initialisation sequence with the windows, but when that didn't work, they asked for the car to be brought in for the technicians to look at. The long and short of it was, the control module in the left footwell had been scrambled following the recall job. A new one was required to be fitted and then reprogrammed, so they needed the car overnight. Because I live 100kms from the dealership, they gave me a nice new 125i courtesy car to drive home in. The following day they rang saying all was well and I could come down and pick up the car.
No charge, and a new warranty on the computer module.
Happy chappy :D
2010 S-Drive 35i 6-speed manual :driving:

lordgrover

Post by lordgrover » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:24 am

Glad it's sorted. Mine's booked in for the recall this Saturday so I'll check that before I leave. If I remember. D'oh!