Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Plastic trim panel covering the roof hinges won't return

How-To articles are in here.
lastchance

Post by lastchance » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:24 pm

I have an E89 z4 and for the first time today the plastic trim panel that covers the hinge for the roof appears to have got stuck and won't return to its usual position. The rest of the roof is still currently working fine. Any suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Plastic trim panel covering the roof hinges won't return

Post by Maniac » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:10 pm

I assume its stuck when open is it? They are spring loaded. If its under warranty have the dealer sort it out, if not, show us a photo and we'll try to help..

jleckenby

Post by jleckenby » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Sorry to hijack an old thread! A small bit of the roof metalwork shows when the roof us up, just above the end of both doors. Is that normal or should something be covering that?

(Sorry for no hello, just got a 35is, going to take a few pictures this weekend :))
Z4 35is, 438bhp
Cobb Stage 2 (Aggressive), VRSF Catless Downpipes, BMS DCI, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, Eibach Springs

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:14 pm

I can see metalwork.
Is that normal?

jleckenby

Post by jleckenby » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Haha, I see your point. I meant the bit of roof working thats always visible in the cabin. Found the answer on another thread though and its normal :)
Z4 35is, 438bhp
Cobb Stage 2 (Aggressive), VRSF Catless Downpipes, BMS DCI, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, Eibach Springs