Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Video of door lock actuator replacement

How-To articles are in here.
powerontap

Post by powerontap » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Getting ready to replace my passenger lock actuator when I store the car in November. Looking for a video on this DIY. I've found similar videos from E46 but not an E85. Also need to know if the special tool is necessary to reconnect the bowden cable.

Anyone have a pictorial or video?

Thanks
Go Topless

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Video of door lock actuator replacement

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:10 pm

Welcome back Gil :thumbsup:

I thought you were selling up, I seem to remember something about a friend offering you ?an Aston? - didn't that work out then?

ATB

Perry
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

powerontap

Post by powerontap » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi Perry, nice to be back on occasion :thumbsup: No I've resisted the strong temptation and decided to keep my Z. Door lock actuator has become my first and only defective part to replace since I purchased the car 8 years ago! So I've been using my savings to travel through Europe :)

Hope to replace this part myself this winter, but I would really like to have a good tutorial back up before I order the part.
Go Topless

bobcanuck

Post by bobcanuck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:39 pm

Good afternoon .... I just came across this thread. I am helping my brother-in-law with his 2003 Z4 2.5 , in Laval.
So far I've removed the driver's side door lock actuator assembly (lock ok, but no unlock) and, like you, would also appreciate a d.i.y. video for reinstall action - removing was not too bad, but I fear replacing will be a real trick, to say the least!
As a side note, where would you suggest looking for parts (Cdn dollar etc)? He also has a convertible top problem .... unlatches okay, then can hear pump motor running (and some "gurgling noises) but no top movement.
Any hints, suggestions and/or ideas would be sincerely appreciated as this is my first foray into the world of BMW.
Thnx in advance,

Bob

supadupa64

Post by supadupa64 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:32 pm

I replaced mine and I can't unlock it with the key. I think the hard part is getting door key lined up again with new actuator...