Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Change turn signal volume, or tone?

How-To articles are in here.
vld

Change turn signal volume, or tone?

Post by vld » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:52 pm

Probably makes sense to have such a loud and annoying turn signal sound if you are driving fast, with the top off, but otherwise, the clicking sound almost irritates me. Any ways of altering it? (I had plenty of options even on my cheap Opel Corsa :/)
(Sweden) E89 2012 20i Melbourne Red, Smart-top, Android display, 2.8i mapped, Retrofitted: cup holder and cruise control

85genius

Re: Change turn signal volume, or tone?

Post by 85genius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:45 pm

vld wrote:Probably makes sense to have such a loud and annoying turn signal sound if you are driving fast, with the top off, but otherwise, the clicking sound almost irritates me. Any ways of altering it? (I had plenty of options even on my cheap Opel Corsa :/)
I'd never heard of an option to change that on any car just taken it as a given, actually surprised to see it is an option on a corsa, wonder what other Vauxhalls you can do it on....

If its easy may do it on my mates astra just to confuse him
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

vld

Post by vld » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:24 pm

85genius wrote:
vld wrote:wonder what other Vauxhalls you can do it on....
The volume can probably be changed on all models the same way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clJdnM0RD3E ;)
(Sweden) E89 2012 20i Melbourne Red, Smart-top, Android display, 2.8i mapped, Retrofitted: cup holder and cruise control

85genius

Post by 85genius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:30 pm

vld wrote:
85genius wrote:
vld wrote:wonder what other Vauxhalls you can do it on....
The volume can probably be changed on all models the same way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clJdnM0RD3E ;)
Dammit doesnt work on the astra's :rofl:
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

vld

Post by vld » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:58 pm

Just talked to a BMW mechanic, and apparently the clicking is "mechanical", generated by the relay, so no much control over it. Perhaps if I can reach it, I could muffle it with something :P

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:17 pm

All cars should have indicator relays that click ridiculously loudly IMHO as I'm sick of following idiots with indicators on that never turn!!

vld

Post by vld » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:54 am

Maniac wrote:All cars should have indicator relays that click ridiculously loudly IMHO as I'm sick of following idiots with indicators on that never turn!!
Those idiots should be fined for creating confusion in traffic. There is also a blinking light on the dashboard, and if people are blind and don't see it, then they should not be driving in the first place. In most cases the indicator turns itself off automatically when turning the wheel straight. I still want mine quieter, or even completely silenced, as myself I do not need it.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:15 am

Maniac wrote:All cars should have indicator relays that click ridiculously loudly IMHO as I'm sick of following idiots with indicators on that never turn!!
They are in the same catogagory as those who sit with their footbrake on in traffic queues on dark wet nights - or the fog light brigade!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

JAD

Post by JAD » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Where's that "thank" or "like" button...

Couldn't agree more. My dearest dad at the tender age of 57 is a smidge deaf - I've been correcting the indicator stalk for years. Had it been louder, he'd know!

Mister T

Post by Mister T » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:55 pm

vld wrote:Just talked to a BMW mechanic, and apparently the clicking is "mechanical", generated by the relay, so no much control over it. Perhaps if I can reach it, I could muffle it with something :P
Should be able to swap it out for any other relay that you prefer the sound of.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:06 pm

ronk wrote:
They are in the same catogagory as those who sit with their footbrake on in traffic queues on dark wet nights - or the fog light brigade!
Sadly that's no so straight forward any more. My Merc has its brake lights on when stopped... automatic and brake hold... whether you like it or not.

Z4_35i

Post by Z4_35i » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:25 pm

It's not a problem if you own an Audi, as I believe ownership requires that indicators must never be used :wink:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:15 pm

ronk wrote:
Especially with bloody LED brake lights that cover the rear end of the car :headbang:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981