Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth riddle

vinnie

Bluetooth riddle

Post by vinnie » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:50 pm

Evening All,
I am hoping that some where on this site is a techie who can help shed some light.
I recently bought a very low mileage 2011 3.5is from a Jaguar dealer who had taken it in as a part ex. Not being a bmw dealer they weren't entirely sure what the spec was but when I picked it up I noted that there was Bluetooth shown on the screen. On returning home I could not pair up the BT as it said 'Please Wait' and would go no further.I took it to my local dealer who said' yes it's got BT probably just needs the software reinstalling'. Subsequently booked it in and was somewhat suprised when the dealer told me that it does not have BT even though you can get it as an option on the menu. They are stumped as apparently it should not show Bluetooth as an option . Anyone else experienced this? - I am now looking to retrofit so if anyone could recommend an installer in Birmingham I would be grateful...

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Bluetooth riddle

Post by enzed4 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:44 am

Can you not put the VIN into a VIN decoder site which will list all the options your car came with, including BT (or perhaps 'phone preparation'?). Not too sure of the E89 options syntax, but it should be fairly obvious when you see it.
I actually thought all E89's came with BT, didn't realise it was an option like on the E85/E86...
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

vinnie

Post by vinnie » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:55 am

Thanks for your reply - already checked that with dealer and it did not come with BT as an option but the bit that nobody can explain is why it is an option on the menu !, it should either not be there or 'greyed out '.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:40 am

If it had been retro fitted it may need the previously connected devices deleting to then allow a new connection, this is just a guess, see that else you can find in the menu system
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted