Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help Please! How to remove the panel below the front wing

How-To articles are in here.
darchard

Post by darchard » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi everyone,

There's a long panel along the bottom of the Z4 which goes all the way from the front to back wheel arches, below the door and the front wing. I've had to remove a front wing to do some amateur panel beating (lord preserve us!) and it'll be much easier to get it back on if I can remove this bottom panel.

I'm not sure of it's technical name but does anyone know how to remove and re-fit it? It seems to have protrusions on the underneath but they aren't bold heads or anything similar and I can't see how to release it.

Any info very much appreciated as I need to drive it in a couple of days :(

Many thanks!

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:59 pm

If it's the sills, I have recently had them off.
Look underneath along the edge, you will see several round black discs with a small button in the middle.
The buttons in the middle need to be pulled out, then the disc can be levered out.
I used an old knife with a vee ground into the tip to help lever them out.
One small screw with bolt head just inside the wheel arch and two underneath towards the back.
Then gently grip the forward edge and pull the trim firmly where the seems runs along the front wing gap and the same at the rear.
Just clips off.
There are several push in pins just below the kick plates, bottom of door frame.
Refit is just the reverse.