Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

trying to install a after market stereo

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
up247

Post by up247 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:54 am

I have a stock biss head and amp I bought the plug to plug in to stock plug but when and new stereo turns on everything works but I get no sound could it be the amp not getting power and if so what color wire supplies power to amp from stereo. totoly stumped

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:05 am

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Somebody on here will be able to help you I would think. However, it's customary on your first post to introduce yourself with a few details about your Zed. And I doubt if it will be long before someone asks for a few pictures, as they seem to like them !

If you add your location, somebody near you may be willing to swap the Amps over and see if thats the issue. I suspect that water has got into the boot and drowned the Amp that lives next to the battery.
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:02 am

Number5 wrote:Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Somebody on here will be able to help you I would think. However, it's customary on your first post to introduce yourself with a few details about your Zed. And I doubt if it will be long before someone asks for a few pictures, as they seem to like them !

If you add your location, somebody near you may be willing to swap the Amps over and see if thats the issue. I suspect that water has got into the boot and drowned the Amp that lives next to the battery.
I'm wondering about plugging those holes at the bottom of the battery compartment as i also have the amp sitting next to the battery. Even though it's shielded with a plastic baffle, separating amp and battery i worry about water ingress. Are the holes their for ventilation or drainage for a leaky battery when that occurs?

Oh and welcome OP btw. And yeah, intro and pics or gtfo!
:lol:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

benv6

Post by benv6 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:35 am

Hi up247,

Are you talking about an e85 or an e89 ? and is it an after market amp or the OEM one ?

As number5 mentioned some more details and pics would greatly help to get help :P
Now: BMW 335D Touring
Previous: 435D Coupe, BMW Z4 E89 35i, BMW Z4 E85 2.0, BMW E46 330CI

ImageImage