Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

remove Drivers front wing

How-To articles are in here.
koolchris99

Post by koolchris99 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:26 pm

anyone got a DIY guide to removing the drivers front wing. Ive been hit twice on it and time to replace.

Chris
Esienmann Race Exhaust, Gruppe M, Carbon Leather interior, Hardtop, CSL's, Eibach Pro springs, EBC discs, EBC greenstuff pads, Tarox Brake lines, Motul 5.1 fluids, powerflex bushs, rogue engineering mounts, Stubby, Aux, Cruise Control, Sound Generator mod

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:38 pm

koolchris99 wrote:anyone got a DIY guide to removing the drivers front wing. Ive been hit twice on it and time to replace.

Chris
The wings just unbolt, possibly wheel arch liner off to access all the fixings?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

goldbcfc

Post by goldbcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Mine was an absolute problem. Of courrse you work your way around all the bolts to remove then you get to the tricky ones inside the door. I found it easier to take the indicator out then you can reach in fine otherwise its a bit of a stretch from the brake disc side. You need to pull back part of you lower skirt to acces the two lower bolts to wing. All my bolts cam out easy apart form 1 to the door side and 1 under the skirt. I messed about for ages the bolts wasnt budging. Why on earth bmw use those stupid torx stlye bolts its easy to round them off. So out came the angle grinder the wing came off 5 mins later :thumbsup:

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Changed mine coming up 4 years ago :o

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52394

Easy enough job, but as said you need to remove the side skirt first to get to the bottom two screws. Likewise I removed the indicator to access the two inner screws.

You also need to partially remove the front bumper to get to one of the screws.

I had no issue with any fixings though.