Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Views on these?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
thanatu55

Views on these?

Post by thanatu55 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 pm

I hear a lot about the usual suspects, Eagle F1's, Super Sport, Bridgestone Potenza's etc.

One I haven't heard anything about is Continental Sport Contact 5. I have been able to source a set of these to replace the Accelera PH1's that my wheels came with. What is the general view on these? Has anybody used them?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Views on these?

Post by Smartbear » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:13 pm

thanatu55 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 pm I hear a lot about the usual suspects, Eagle F1's, Super Sport, Bridgestone Potenza's etc.

One I haven't heard anything about is Continental Sport Contact 5. I have been able to source a set of these to replace the Accelera PH1's that my wheels came with. What is the general view on these? Has anybody used them?
I’ve not used them but my mates got them on his Audi & says they’re brilliant wet or dry :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

thanatu55

Views on these?

Post by thanatu55 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 pm

That's music to my ears! Thanks :D

billz

Views on these?

Post by billz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:32 am

I have run nothing but the Conti's on our Z4. Great tyres all round but only last around 10k to 12k very soft compound and really are excellent in the dry
3.0si Ruby Black, Champagne Leather, 3SDM Alloys Scorpion Exhaust

Pbondar

Views on these?

Post by Pbondar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:41 am

thanatu55 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 pm I hear a lot about the usual suspects, Eagle F1's, Super Sport, Bridgestone Potenza's etc.

I have these on my Z4 and they are fantastic, ride is nice, turn in well balance and neutral with more feedback through steering wheel, grip as much as you could ever ask for on the road, unfazed by the wet...

Compared to the who flung dung ones on before on the 17” night and day.

Compared to the 19” runflat Bridgestonesvery different in a positive way, no tramlinimg ,much much more comfortable, albeit on 17” rims, less noise, far better subjective feel on the handling..

Obviously without doing a back to back on the same car others may be even better...

What I can say is that they suit E89 2.0 Msport extremely well...

I’ve bought there winter tyres as well but not tried them yet..they score the best in cold wet conditions over all the others on the latest tests..

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Views on these?

Post by buzyg » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Hated the OEM Conties on my MR, when I bought it Hopefully they have improved much since then. :thumbsup: