Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wheel refurb and new tyres bargain *pics*

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
p4cks

Wheel refurb and new tyres bargain *pics*

Post by p4cks » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:19 pm

So I've recently bought a Z4C and the wheels were looking a little worse for wear. I also didn't like the Bridgestone RFTs so I decided to get everything sorted this week...

I opted for a set of Falken 452s (2 x 225/40R18 & 2 x 255/35R18) from Camskill which cost me £375 delivered. Excellent price and my local tyre place couldn't come anywhere close. I then found a place which could recondition my alloys for £50 per wheel. I had a set of tyres so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and have the wheels done the same time the tyres were fitted (they were going to charge £15 to fit and balance new tyres anyway!). So off I went...

Just picked the car up today and the wheels are immaculate, much better than I had imaged. I also bought some replacement 'M' badges and BMW centre caps, both from eBay as mine were also looking a little tired. Another bonus was that one(!?) of the front Bridgestones was still usuable so I am going to eBay that today.

Before:

After:

All this for £575. Bargain of the century!!!

Kenty

Re: Wheel refurb and new tyres bargain *pics*

Post by Kenty » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Nice, I can't wait until I need new tyres, damm sh***y run flats!

K1Mac

Post by K1Mac » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:48 pm

nice! scabby wheels kill the look of ANY car, shiny good ones look awesome!

the 452's are decent enough tyres, I have them on 2 sets of wheels for my show car, very good for the coin :thumbsup:

Ali_Z4C

Post by Ali_Z4C » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Looking good mate :thumbsup:

Was it SEM in Sunderland that you got it done at? I need to get MVII's done so would be interested to know :wink: Was it £50 a wheel if you changed the colour? Thinking of going a wee bit darker with mine like more of a gunmetal (to hide the brake dust more :D )

Ali
Z4 Coupe Si..... Silver Gray : MVII's : Red Leather : Aluminium Trim : Pro Sat Nav : Bluetooth : Parking Sensors : Zenons : Auto Everything : Stubby!.... Gone but not forgotten :(

Fully loaded M140i incoming March 2017 :driving:

p4cks

Post by p4cks » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Ali_Z4C wrote:Looking good mate :thumbsup:

Was it SEM in Sunderland that you got it done at? I need to get MVII's done so would be interested to know :wink: Was it £50 a wheel if you changed the colour? Thinking of going a wee bit darker with mine like more of a gunmetal (to hide the brake dust more :D )

Ali
It was One Stop Tyres in South Shields. They can do them any colour you like, same price :)

jarjarmustdie

Post by jarjarmustdie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Nice :thumbsup:
I have the same wheels and tyres on my Z4 coupe and was thinking of refreshing mine as its 5 years old now.made my mide up now
:)
Z4 3.0 si coupe montego blue

Ali_Z4C

Post by Ali_Z4C » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:58 pm

p4cks wrote: It was One Stop Tyres in South Shields. They can do them any colour you like, same price :)
Cheers mate will check them out! Cant complain @ 50 snots a wheel :thumbsup: How long did it take... did you leave the car with them or did them give you some spare wheels while they did it (I think SEM do this)?

Defo need to sort this out :)
Z4 Coupe Si..... Silver Gray : MVII's : Red Leather : Aluminium Trim : Pro Sat Nav : Bluetooth : Parking Sensors : Zenons : Auto Everything : Stubby!.... Gone but not forgotten :(

Fully loaded M140i incoming March 2017 :driving:

p4cks

Post by p4cks » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:08 pm

I left the car with them, takes two full days. Had a few wheels done there and they are highly recommended by me.