Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyres! Again - 2011 best Z4 Coupe tyre

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Tyres! Again - 2011 best Z4 Coupe tyre

Post by gannet » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:24 pm

I've had zero problems with the PS2 ZP's dry or wet. Potenza's were rather slippy :o

I'm on my second set of rear ZP's the first having lasted about 17k vs the bridgestone 12k.... first set of fronts still going strong at 22k + :D

where are you? always happy to take someone out to show them the improvement.

Some others members here have also made the switch to ZP and haven't regretted it...
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

NiallZ4

Post by NiallZ4 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Buy 4 Sessantas for £450 and sell your front tyres. That's what I'm going to do when the rears are shot.

mason storm

Post by mason storm » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:43 am

Well i have just replaced the Birdgestone run flats for Falken 452's and there is a big difference. I also changed them on my ald Roadster and was pretty happy, i would say from memory that the 452's probably wear quicker than the run flats but the trade off in extra grip and ride comfort are well worth it. It is just a much nicer driving experiance and they seem to take away that crashiness you get when going over small potholes and bumps :thumbsup:

I got mine fitted for about £440.00 but i did have to pay £120 for four wheel alignment which i also think has make the car feel better at high speeds. it's funny both my current coupe and my old roadster required alot of adjustment as they were both alot out of spec I imagine it's because on the run flats the suspension takes a real bashing.
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry: