Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyres......

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
AlRex

Re: Tyres......

Post by AlRex » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:28 pm

I have just fitted a set of Pirelli P Zero Rosso's and can only say the diff from my last tyres is amazing. No complaints about them at all will just wait and see how they wear. But for grip highly recomended!

Al
BMW Z4 2.0 SE, 2006, Silver, 193's and Black Leather

barrykicks

Post by barrykicks » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:43 pm

I have changed from RF's to Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrical 2. Drives like a different car and the tyre reviews are very good too. I would say do your homework and don't pennypinch on the bit between you and the road!

daviddi

Post by daviddi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:42 pm

richtea78 wrote:Id agree with Gannet, OK the ZPs arent cheap but they are excellent RFs, like night and day compared to the Bridgestones
x1 :driving:

Mr Whippy

Post by Mr Whippy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:37 am

FK452 wore really badly on my Z4.

Front insides were nearly worn away after 14,000 miles.

Current Eagle F1 Asymmetric are about half worn on the front after 15,000 miles, with a flat wear pattern.

Same on the rears. FK452 just wore the middle away, lowered pressure to try wear them flatter, still wore middle away. Worn to middle wear bar at about 10,000 miles.

Eagle F1 Asymmetric, run OEM pressures -1psi all round, and the rears wore totally flat to the wear bars over 14,000 miles.

FK452 imo, are cheap and nasty.

Dave
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior

Boogle

Post by Boogle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Just had a set of Vredesteins fitted to my Z4. What a difference! I thought I was driving away from the garage with a completely different car.

The roads are suddenly a lot smoother, and tyre roar is reduced. Handling isn't quite as sharp on the turn-in but it's a very minor difference. The tramlining is completely gone too. I'm over the moon :lol:

Really can't recommend ditching the Bridgestone RFTs enough.
Z4 '06 3.0si Sport Silver Grey, Cruise, Aux-Input, Dension, ZHP
Prev: Z4 '57 2.0 Sport Stratus Grey
Soft Top Care Guide

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mcbeee » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:32 pm

shabba wrote:Sorry guys, I did mean that I probably want to go NON-runflats, my bad.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta is the one people here like then?

Maybe those or the Conti Contactsports, (got a good review in EVO Magazines tyre test).
I just (last Wednesday) put Conti Sports Contact 3's on my E89 and binned the RFT's. The ride improvement is great and as I dont "track" it the handling is the same or better, I can't tell yet. It feels better but that' could be my imagination....nah, it's better :thumbsup: $1800CDN for all four, installed.

ps:
Mcbee's lower spine here chiming in: ......... and worth every penny... :thumbsup:
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

Simples!

Post by Simples! » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 pm

I had 2 sets of Falken 452s on my old car (BMW 325 Coupe) and they were great, good grip and didn't wear too quickly either! The tyre fitter really rated them too and fits them to his own car. Not sure how they fair on the Z4 yet though, mine has got a nearly new set of Bridgestone RFTs on so another few miles of harsh ride and tram lining for me I guess! Will be looking at this discussion again when the time comes however....

Out of interest, what sort of mileage do people seem to get from a set or fronts & rears? Obviously this depends quite a bit on driving style, engine etc
Z4 3.0i SE, 54 plate, Sterling Grey, Black leather, Ellipsoidal alloys, bluetooth, PDC.......

Mods: Cruise control, ZHP gear knob, cupholders......

no fit state

Post by no fit state » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Simples! wrote: Out of interest, what sort of mileage do people seem to get from a set or fronts & rears? Obviously this depends quite a bit on driving style, engine etc
I got 14000 miles out of my last set of Falkens on the rear. That was mostly driving around town miles.
Z4MC Imola red

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks guys, car still not sorted (long story, lots to co-ordinate) so still open to ideas, looking to probably go with normal (non -RFT) tyres now, so the Veds seem a good bet I guess. I do 4000 miles a year so wear rate is not something that botheres me really.

A little worried about not having a space saver, but I guess tyres foam + the AA could solve that issue, could carry a space saver in the boot but I'd not be keen as it wouldnt be strapped down.

ga41

Post by ga41 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Be brave, try some Accelera Phi's :P
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --