Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Favourite tyres?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
iwatchlive

Favourite tyres?

Post by iwatchlive » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi All

Apart from the bog standard Bridgestones supplied by BMW, what other tyres have you guys tried on the E89.

Particularly interested in options and costs for 19"ers, whether run flat or not

thanks for your input :wink:

Mitchy

Re: Favourite tyres?

Post by Mitchy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Bought my first Z4 this year and found the handling is crap with the RFT on rough roads, was going to change them before my Alps trip but previous owner had just put 2 new Potenzas rears on, so I left them on and what a difference a smooth road makes got on the French motorway and it was shear bliss and when i got on those mountain passes well I was in heaven! well I'm back and the cars all over the bloody place. So done my home work and come across the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 performance tyres (non rf) Auto express named them the winners of their 2011 top ten performance tyre awards out braking Bridgestone Potenzas by 3m in the dry and 2m in the wet. also had quicker lap times in both conditions as well as beating Michelin 3 / Perelli sport and at £573.08 for the set 18" (lovetyres.com)I think they're worth a look :thumbsup:

iwatchlive

Post by iwatchlive » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:38 pm

That's great that is, a forum full of car aficionados that don't have any opinions on tyres, hhhmmmm :cry: 150+ views and one comment, what's the bleeding point in asking?

except for you Mitchy, thanks :wink:

For the benefit of those of you that are interested..... BMW have stated to me that the only tyres they confirm cover your car under the warranty (and the only ones they will therefore supply) are the Bridgetones and Pirelli's and from previous reading other members have been told there could be issues with warranty if you swap to non RFT...

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 pm

my opinion on tyres is well known - RFT's can be good - Im on Michelin ZP with no problems, love them.

but I hadnt replied because mines an E85....
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

oli445

Post by oli445 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm

I didn't reply because mine's an E85 too!

I like Falken 452 non run flat tyres with a switch to winter tyres for the appropriate months.