Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Michelin Primacy HP ZP from Bridgestone RE050

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Richard!

Michelin Primacy HP ZP from Bridgestone RE050

Post by Richard! » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:16 pm

After about 17'000 ~ 18'000 miles my Bridgestones needed replacing. I was happy with these tyres, no issues with tram-lining or anything like that. My only issue was they there were too hard for the UK's super road surfaces.

After hearing good things about the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 I thought they might be a good choice. Unfortunately they don't do them in 17" as run-flats. I didn't want to go non-runflat. So the nearest choice was the Primacy HP ZP.

My initial impression on the Michelin's was that they are softer and much quieter. I've had them for a couple of weeks now and still very happy with them. Grip seems just fine wet & dry, I can't say if there is any difference to the Bridgestones for the way I drive. The only question left is how long will they last. I was very impressed with the distance I got from the Bridgestones; only rotated them once when the rears got down to about 5mm so will do the same again.

Thats my unscientific opinion on the subject :)
Last edited by Richard! on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Michelin Primacy HP ZP from Bridgestone RE050

Post by gannet » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:55 pm

if they are anything like the PS2 ZP's Ive had on mine you will get double the mileage :D
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

Richard!

Re: Michelin Primacy HP ZP from Bridgestone RE050

Post by Richard! » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Would be awesome if does end up being double or even near double!