Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New owner advice on wheels

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Newbmw

Post by Newbmw » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi all I'm a new owner of a white Z4 2.5 SDrive 2.3i with red leather I love the car only problem is the wheels are kerbed and laquer has blown on insides but the last owner just fitted 4 brand new Bridgestone run flats costing a fortune I do like idea of black wheels to fit but if I find a set to fit can I fit the run flats on other rims just wondering if I'll have the tyre warning light on dashboard ? The wheels are 18 rims bigger size tyres on rear I'm also not sure what size wheels I'll have to look for so any help appreciated lol

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi and welcome.

When do we get to see some evidence of this alleged new Zed?

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Newbmw

Post by Newbmw » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi rich I'll try and work out how to post picture

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:14 pm

How about just getting your current wheels reconditioned in black ?
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Newbmw

Post by Newbmw » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:30 am

I been thinking of that to but I don't think the design wheel I got would be good in black as it's a full wheel if that makes sense not many gaps plus I've seen black ones on wheelbase £499 and guy reckons I can fit run flat tyres straight on but I'm unsure it will cause tyre light on dash

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:49 am

Newbmw wrote:I been thinking of that to but I don't think the design wheel I got would be good in black as it's a full wheel if that makes sense not many gaps plus I've seen black ones on wheelbase £499 and guy reckons I can fit run flat tyres straight on but I'm unsure it will cause tyre light on dash
Hi, be careful what wheels you fit as it could affect the sale-ability of the car, people want to see bmw wheels fitted imho :o
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

kinger

Post by kinger » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:33 am

Hi
Welcome to the forum from another newbie.
Love to see pics, i do like a White Zed
I have never been a fan of black wheels but each to their own, i like sparkly :D
Mike

Current - E89 35is Saphire Black
Previous- E89 35i Space Grey

Newbmw

Post by Newbmw » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:48 pm

Pictures if I've done it right

Newbmw

Post by Newbmw » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Newbmw

Post by Newbmw » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:55 pm

These are the standard wheels just fitted with Bridgestone run flats can anybody tell me if these are M sport alloys and also the inside rims are in need of refurb all of them so I'm thinking of getting these done local they will blast them and powder coat them and refit and balance them for £280 all four and do I keep then silver or go gloss black has anybody gone black on these wheels

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:07 pm

Newbmw wrote:
These are the standard wheels just fitted with Bridgestone run flats can anybody tell me if these are M sport alloys and also the inside rims are in need of refurb all of them so I'm thinking of getting these done local they will blast them and powder coat them and refit and balance them for £280 all four and do I keep then silver or go gloss black has anybody gone black on these wheels
"sammyZ" has the same shoes done gloss black on his silver E89

Jmo but the rear offsets are too high with these & adding spacers (possibly 15mm) would greatly enhance the looks of them in the arches
Last edited by mr wilks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Newbmw wrote:Hi all I'm a new owner of a white Z4 2.5 SDrive 2.3i with red leather I love the car only problem is the wheels are kerbed and laquer has blown on insides but the last owner just fitted 4 brand new Bridgestone run flats costing a fortune I do like idea of black wheels to fit but if I find a set to fit can I fit the run flats on other rims just wondering if I'll have the tyre warning light on dashboard ? The wheels are 18 rims bigger size tyres on rear I'm also not sure what size wheels I'll have to look for so any help appreciated lol
Your runflats will only work as intended if the wheels you switch to are OEM ones designed for runflat tyres , i doubt any aftermarket alloys will function correctly if you have a puncture
No issue with any sensors or warning lights if you do switch wheels or tyres , that's only onb the much newer E89s :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo