Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Plasti Dipped my winter 224s

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
TomK

Post by TomK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm

I use my 224s for the Vred wintracs I have, which are in a pretty poor state aesthetically in the oem silver finish. They will need an oem finish refurb one day if I come to sell the car, but in the meantime since I hate silver and don't want to pay for a refurb twice I thought I'd have a go at plasti-dipping them. I used about 5 cans of the stuff, though I fear the coating is not thick enough near the centre :headbang: we shall see how long it lasts. I used a can of their 'glossifier' which is supposed to seal it in a bit. Care needs to be applied when doing up the bolts, one of mine needs a slight touch up. Overall though I'm pleased with the finish and the look for £50 investment, even if it is quite a faff to do them. Time will tell how long it lasts, hopefully at least this winter since I don't intend on removing or washing the wheels particularly often.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Looks good. What preparation did you do?
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

TomK

Post by TomK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Just a decent clean. I did my lower center 'bar' of the front bumper about a month ago, has stood up well so far.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage