Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bargain of the year

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Gazc

Bargain of the year

Post by Gazc » Sat May 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Just picked up and dropped off to be refurbished a set of 224's for £180. The refurb is costing £260 for remove and dispose of old tyres, strip, power coat in original silver and fit new tyres ( which I am supplying). So a good as new set for £440. Could anyone recommend where to get centre caps and ///M badges.
E92 M3 Silverstone blue
Z4MR Black Gone

beanie

Bargain of the year

Post by beanie » Sun May 07, 2017 9:51 am

That's a great price :thumbsup: I don't think you'd find many people willing to let them go so cheaply 8)

I got my badges (copies) and caps (genuine) through eBay. It was a while ago but I think I got them from a couple of sellers in Japan. No issues with either and I'd happily do the same again.

Fwiw, the savings weren't huge on the centre caps so if you're in a rush you might be as well to see what the dealers want for them. I seem to remember the M logos costing very little but took a bit longer to arrive.
RUBYIMOLACARBON

Gazc

Bargain of the year

Post by Gazc » Sun May 07, 2017 5:05 pm

I don't think he knew what he had he was going to put them on a Renault van. But the back ones stuck out too much. :rofl:
E92 M3 Silverstone blue
Z4MR Black Gone

Danderton

Bargain of the year

Post by Danderton » Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm

I just ordered 4 Genuine centre caps from bmminiparts.

Part no was 36 13 6783536

They were £4ish each on their website, but delivery was quite expensive. So I got them via their eBay shop instead as they were £5 each and free delivery.

Cheapest I could find for 4 genuine elsewhere was about £38. So thought £20 was a good deal.

The eBay item no is 282441574572, however I have just checked and they're now showing as £20 EACH! When I ordered there were only 6 in stock, of which I had 4. So maybe when they run outta stock they whack the price up.

Keep an eye on the eBay item they may well go back down to a fiver.

Dan
Model: Sterling Grey 3.0i Z4 Roadster
Upgrades: M Steering Wheel : ZHP : 224 Alloys : Black Kidneys : Clear Repeaters : Pioneer X580DAB : Stubby