Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wheel sizes

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Samhoylez4

Wheel sizes

Post by Samhoylez4 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:01 am

Hi folks.

Just a quick question. Will these wheel sizes fit my 06 3.0si?
PCD = 5x120

BH. = 74.1mm

FRONT x2 = 8.5J ET15

REAR x2 = 9.5J ET20

They are 19" deep dish alloys so not sure if they will foul on the arches. Don't want to modify body work in any way.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Wheel sizes

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:12 am

"fit" as in yes they will bolt on but over the limits in regards where the wheelface will finish :P

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Samhoylez4

Wheel sizes

Post by Samhoylez4 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:07 am

Ahhh well I don't want any problems so will give them a miss. Do you have a preference on what's best to fit? I like the deep dish style and was wondering if I'd be better staying at 18" and not staggered. I don't want to lower the car as just swapped my 2.0ltr Z which was lowered and had spacers fitted. It sat very nicely but followed every hair line crack in the tarmac.

The 3.0 is a better car I feel and really enjoying the extra grunt but the wheels have seen better days. Two of them have just had to have 220 grams balance weights fitted due to slight buckle, that with budget tyres is leading me replace them rather than have them refurbished. I'd love to send you some pics but I have no idea how to attach them.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

philbo909

Wheel sizes

Post by philbo909 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Samhoylez4 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:07 am Ahhh well I don't want any problems so will give them a miss. Do you have a preference on what's best to fit? I like the deep dish style and was wondering if I'd be better staying at 18" and not staggered. I don't want to lower the car as just swapped my 2.0ltr Z which was lowered and had spacers fitted. It sat very nicely but followed every hair line crack in the tarmac.

The 3.0 is a better car I feel and really enjoying the extra grunt but the wheels have seen better days. Two of them have just had to have 220 grams balance weights fitted due to slight buckle, that with budget tyres is leading me replace them rather than have them refurbished. I'd love to send you some pics but I have no idea how to attach them.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
I've just been choosing wheels and tyres (settled on staggered 18" bbs ch-r)
and there's plenty of threads on this, but wheel sizes max out roughly at
8,5j ET35 front and 9,5j ET40 back
think standard tyres (225 and 255) are the max width you can put on without rubbing, so you might have some rim exposed to curbs. Unless you go to the negative camber / fender rolling route.

you can add pictures through online photo sites, like photobucket, where you can copy the url onto here :thumbsup:
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Wheel sizes

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:44 pm

The centre bore of 74.1mm is too big and completely wrong. That size is for certain 5 series cars and x5 and x6 models
You need a centre bore of 72.5mm to fit properly or you would need adaptors.