Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Thank you wheel gurus

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
philbo909

Thank you wheel gurus

Post by philbo909 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:35 pm

was shopping for new wheels and after some offset advice from a few forum members like mrwilks I've taken the plunge and got the Zed some new feet fitted today after getting a bit sick of the mv2 reps (flat spots/weight/hiding under arches/cleaning/being replicas)
So after toying with apex arc8s I decided that they're too expensive for a Chinese wheel (import charges :( ) and I might have had to tweak the suspension/body work to make them fit nicely at 8.5j and 9.5j, but it's my DD so I decided to go for a slightly conservative stance.
Decided on BBS CH-R s staggered 8j 9j and am loving the handling and look.

to do list has now shortened to
Fit the DLV exhaust
Source some Recaro CS seats and make them work
Steering wheel refurbish
KW V3 suspension
H&R ARB
Hydraulic steering
Brake refresh
But most of that is out of the price range for now!
And I'm sure it will get longer too.
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

Silverzedtom

Thank you wheel gurus

Post by Silverzedtom » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Looking good :thumbsup:

I am desperately saving for Ch-r's and have been for bloody ages :cry: a very nice looking wheel especially on the e86.

I think I'm going to hit problems with the fronts as I'm going for 19" and they are a 32 offset. I think I'm going to have to get the arches rolled to accommodate the width.

I have noticed bbs say you get a fitting kit included 'where appropriate'. Did you get a fresh set of bolts with a locking nut or use oem?

Should be a lot easier to clean than mv2's as well... takes me bang on 45 mins to clean all four :thumbsdown:
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

philbo909

Thank you wheel gurus

Post by philbo909 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Silverzedtom wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:49 pm Looking good :thumbsup:

I am desperately saving for Ch-r's and have been for bloody ages :cry: a very nice looking wheel especially on the e86.

I think I'm going to hit problems with the fronts as I'm going for 19" and they are a 32 offset. I think I'm going to have to get the arches rolled to accommodate the width.

I have noticed bbs say you get a fitting kit included 'where appropriate'. Did you get a fresh set of bolts with a locking nut or use oem?

Should be a lot easier to clean than mv2's as well... takes me bang on 45 mins to clean all four :thumbsdown:
Yeh they're pretty dear, not outrageously though, cheaper than apex, but well worth it. Bet 19s are quite a bit more as well!
Yeh modifying to make wheels fit just doesn't sit well with me, reckon costs would add up too quick.
Fitting kit included yes, valves, spacers and bolts. Weirdly no locking nut, so I now have the oem black rusty beast in there that I'll need to change for a nice stainless!
Why they give 5 normal bolts I don't understand, surely they know shiny new wheels attract thieves?
Cleaning these should be a dream compared to mv2s, actually looking forward to it
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young