CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Online
bz4kev
Member
Member
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:59 pm
Location: wirral

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by bz4kev » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Simon Blythe wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:46 pm
Looks fantastic Kev!!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
thanks Simon loving it :driving:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler mfsw DLV exhaust mod 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 seats clear rear lights m sport black grills

rally-chris
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Newbury, Berks UK

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by rally-chris » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:49 am

TR4man wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:27 pm
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:59 pm
They look superb ,is this the city wheels at Benacre Street ,Digbeth .
Yes, it is.

Mine are booked in a week after next.
Hi Kev,

I'm looking at using City Wheels for my 108s - did you experience any problems during reassembly, like issues with the paint thickness affecting the fit of the two parts of the wheel together?

Did you have to provide anything to mask the bolt holes in the rim before they were painted, and/or did you need to re tap the holes to clean out any paint?

Many thanks

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Online
bz4kev
Member
Member
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:59 pm
Location: wirral

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by bz4kev » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:20 pm

rally-chris wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:49 am
TR4man wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:27 pm
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:59 pm
They look superb ,is this the city wheels at Benacre Street ,Digbeth .
Yes, it is.

Mine are booked in a week after next.
Hi Kev,

I'm looking at using City Wheels for my 108s - did you experience any problems during reassembly, like issues with the paint thickness affecting the fit of the two parts of the wheel together?

Did you have to provide anything to mask the bolt holes in the rim before they were painted, and/or did you need to re tap the holes to clean out any paint?

Many thanks

Chris
no had no problem with paint thickness I put the bolts back in barrels so no probs with threads others have used wooden plugs if you don't want paint on bolts apart from that no problem just make sure you add thread lock and torque correctly when you reassemble and check stars are correct to each wheel :thumbsup:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler mfsw DLV exhaust mod 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 seats clear rear lights m sport black grills

rally-chris
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Newbury, Berks UK

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by rally-chris » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Thanks!
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

User avatar
Marlon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8366
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:13 am
Location: Lancs.
Contact:

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by Marlon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Having parked up next to Kev at Zedfest I can say they look mighty impressive in the flesh. Amazing price for refurb, only downside is that you have to remove tyres (if I've got that right?)
Image
3.0si 2008 | Quantum Remap | CDV delete | M heated elec seats | M wheel
ZHP knob | Cruise | SB Hardtop | BMW 224 alloys | F30 tails | DLV back box

User avatar
jamie_z4
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:38 pm

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Marlon wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:26 pm
Having parked up next to Kev at Zedfest I can say they look mighty impressive in the flesh. Amazing price for refurb, only downside is that you have to remove tyres (if I've got that right?)
AFAIK City do offer tyres off and on from a mate of mine who had his merc wheels done last year- dont quote me though!
2005 Z4 3.0i SE Titan Silver/Pearl Grey - slightly lowered ;)

User avatar
Marlon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8366
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:13 am
Location: Lancs.
Contact:

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by Marlon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:50 pm

jamie_z4 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:37 pm
Marlon wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:26 pm
Having parked up next to Kev at Zedfest I can say they look mighty impressive in the flesh. Amazing price for refurb, only downside is that you have to remove tyres (if I've got that right?)
AFAIK City do offer tyres off and on from a mate of mine who had his merc wheels done last year- dont quote me though!
Good to know :thumbsup:
Image
3.0si 2008 | Quantum Remap | CDV delete | M heated elec seats | M wheel
ZHP knob | Cruise | SB Hardtop | BMW 224 alloys | F30 tails | DLV back box

User avatar
TR4man
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:40 am
Location: South Cheshire

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by TR4man » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Mine were done last Monday

Dropped the car off at 08.00 and collected it at 17.00 - total cost £180.00 for 4 MV2s.

Brilliant service and a really friendly team :thumbsup:

More than happy to recommend them https://www.citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/


:
3.0 SI Sport Coupe with all the options :D
Not a single modification - just as BMW intended 8)
Image

ferry
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 pm

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by ferry » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:07 pm

TR4man wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:48 pm
Mine were done last Monday

Dropped the car off at 08.00 and collected it at 17.00 - total cost £180.00 for 4 MV2s.

Brilliant service and a really friendly team :thumbsup:

More than happy to recommend them https://www.citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/


:
Did you book in? I've contacted them by email but not received a response.

User avatar
TR4man
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:40 am
Location: South Cheshire

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by TR4man » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:35 pm

I have to go down to Birmingham every couple of weeks, so on one occasion I called in and had a chat and then booked myself in for a fortnights time.

To be honest, it is a bit of an "old school" place, so email may not be the best way to make contact. If you can't call in, I'd suggest ringing them.
3.0 SI Sport Coupe with all the options :D
Not a single modification - just as BMW intended 8)
Image

rally-chris
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Newbury, Berks UK

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by rally-chris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:53 am

ferry wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:07 pm
TR4man wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:48 pm
Mine were done last Monday

Dropped the car off at 08.00 and collected it at 17.00 - total cost £180.00 for 4 MV2s.

Brilliant service and a really friendly team :thumbsup:

More than happy to recommend them https://www.citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/


:
Did you book in? I've contacted them by email but not received a response.
I'm currently having this problem, no response to their website contact form or a direct email. Only ever an answerphone when I try calling too.....

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Molinites
Member
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 pm

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by Molinites » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:58 pm

I've used them twice, they are useless at answering the phone but decent wheel refurbers and very good value.

User avatar
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4782
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Merseyside

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Marlon wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:50 pm
jamie_z4 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:37 pm
Marlon wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:26 pm
Having parked up next to Kev at Zedfest I can say they look mighty impressive in the flesh. Amazing price for refurb, only downside is that you have to remove tyres (if I've got that right?)
AFAIK City do offer tyres off and on from a mate of mine who had his merc wheels done last year- dont quote me though!
Good to know :thumbsup:

Yes, they offer a tyres off, on and balance for £10 per wheel if they are off the car, or you can leave the car with them for an extra £15/rim and they will remove and refit when done.

They WON'T however, split 108's or other 2 piece rims.

Mike
Roof motor repairs/relocations and exhaust mods!
I can refurbish your VANOS and restore that mid-range grunt.
Contact me @ zed4mods@gmail.com

rally-chris
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Newbury, Berks UK

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by rally-chris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:53 pm

Molinites wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:58 pm
I've used them twice, they are useless at answering the phone but decent wheel refurbers and very good value.
Thanks, I'm pleased to report that I FINALLY got through on the phone today and have booked my spare 108s in for later in the week.

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Bertz4
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Location: Stourbridge

CITY WHEELS REFURBISHMENT BIRMINGHAM

Post by Bertz4 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:34 pm

I've also used City Wheels and found them very good value but as someone else mentioned, they don't split rims so for my 108's I used https://www.projectpowdercoat.co.uk/wheelrefurb
Took them in bare of tyres and they did a great job, all four for £160 in plain silver.
Rob.

Edited to correct price.
Current: 2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey, red leather, 108's.
Previous: 1991 TVR S3 2.9 V6

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests