Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
DibbleCorse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 2:17 pm
Location: Reading

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by DibbleCorse » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:39 pm

Annoying as it is looks like its been knocked / rubbed whilst still wet, I'd be sending it back and getting a replacement, will only annoy you otherwise.
Cars: E89 Z4 3.0i M Sport, VW Scirocco 2.0 GT TFSI
Bikes: Ducati 996, Ducati 999R Fila, Ducati Hyperstrada
Pets: Charlie and Luigi the cats.
Wife: Just the one.

samZ4M
Member
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Oxford

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by samZ4M » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Yep, I sent the images across to Chris and he agreed it's not right. It seems to only be the 1 that is like that, so just 1 to swap on Thursday.

Hope to get rubber fitted on sat.

samZ4M
Member
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Oxford

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by samZ4M » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am

:o
ee.png
ee.png (55.7 KiB) Viewed 634 times

User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 16719
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by mr wilks » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:23 pm

samZ4M wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am
:o
ee.png
Cheaper on Tyreleader by about £100 on those number MPS4 S :thumbsup:
10 x Z4s owned :D

E86
E85
Grey///MR
3.0Si E85
E89 23i
3.0Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
Imola///MR
current 35i Msport 6spd :driving:


Image


https://www.instagram.com/andybmwheels/

samZ4M
Member
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Oxford

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by samZ4M » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:26 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:23 pm
samZ4M wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am
:o
ee.png
Cheaper on Tyreleader by about £100 on those number MPS4 S :thumbsup:
My price is fitted. It's £725 on tyre leader, then £60 to get them fitted, but then I've got the logistics of getting 4 wheels & 4 tyres to a garage.

User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 16719
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by mr wilks » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:57 pm

samZ4M wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:26 pm
mr wilks wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:23 pm
samZ4M wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am
:o
ee.png
Cheaper on Tyreleader by about £100 on those number MPS4 S :thumbsup:
My price is fitted. It's £725 on tyre leader, then £60 to get them fitted, but then I've got the logistics of getting 4 wheels & 4 tyres to a garage.
£60 to fit + balance 4 tyres on new rims :o you can tell the country's wealth is around Oxford :D
10 x Z4s owned :D

E86
E85
Grey///MR
3.0Si E85
E89 23i
3.0Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
Imola///MR
current 35i Msport 6spd :driving:


Image


https://www.instagram.com/andybmwheels/

A5 VRX
Member
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:36 am

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by A5 VRX » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:12 pm

Yep got charged £30 for a pair to be fitted on my 19's....it was £24 on my 18's same garage. He said the price goes up for 19's and above.

Got all my continentals brand new and fitted for £530. Bought fronts from camskill then fitted elsewhere, rears got a billy bargain somewhere else

Where did you buy the Centre caps from, I got mine from eBay but not really happy with them
Ex - 2.5 Si Sport Roadster
Now - 3.0 Si Sport Coupe

samZ4M
Member
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Oxford

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by samZ4M » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:34 pm

Ha, honestly surprised it's not more! But I went for convenience over cost.

Caps are here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-BMW-A ... 2749.l2649

Never said I was happy with them! They are still in the jiffy. Genuine at least, so should be good.

A5 VRX
Member
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:36 am

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by A5 VRX » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:56 am

samZ4M wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:34 pm
Ha, honestly surprised it's not more! But I went for convenience over cost.

Caps are here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-BMW-A ... 2749.l2649

Never said I was happy with them! They are still in the jiffy. Genuine at least, so should be good.
Reason I ask is that I want some flat ones instead of the dome style ones I bought but my genuine ones off the MV2's are the same size (68mm) but don't clip in due to the inner lips on the rep wheels. Be good once you fit them and could take a quick pic, I may order some if they fit flush

Adam
Ex - 2.5 Si Sport Roadster
Now - 3.0 Si Sport Coupe

samZ4M
Member
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Oxford

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by samZ4M » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:19 am

A5 VRX wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:56 am
samZ4M wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:34 pm
Ha, honestly surprised it's not more! But I went for convenience over cost.

Caps are here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-BMW-A ... 2749.l2649

Never said I was happy with them! They are still in the jiffy. Genuine at least, so should be good.
Reason I ask is that I want some flat ones instead of the dome style ones I bought but my genuine ones off the MV2's are the same size (68mm) but don't clip in due to the inner lips on the rep wheels. Be good once you fit them and could take a quick pic, I may order some if they fit flush

Adam
Mine are the dome ones, but will take some shots for you.

samZ4M
Member
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Oxford

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by samZ4M » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:05 pm

and so the work begins! I defiently picked the correct colour, they have that shimmer effect in light, not much, but look better than the 224's on the car out the window!

A quick blast of Gtechniq panel wipe degreaser, they are new, but want a good finish.
IMG_5969.jpg
IMG_5969.jpg (206.65 KiB) Viewed 565 times
IMG_5970.jpg
IMG_5970.jpg (208.09 KiB) Viewed 565 times
And done, let them dry for a bit then onto the C5 in a bit. Super excited!

samZ4M
Member
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Oxford

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by samZ4M » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:27 pm

Get in there good boy!

3 hours of my life I'll not get back, I hope the lack of cleaning them will help over the months.
IMG_5971.jpg
IMG_5971.jpg (142.55 KiB) Viewed 554 times

samZ4M
Member
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Oxford

Moving to CSLs (reps...)

Post by samZ4M » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Tyres fitted, put the stickers and centre caps on, but they look like this. Should it not be more flush? I used realoem for the part number. I also seem to remember there is a slight difference in sizes of centre caps.
IMG_60021.jpg
IMG_60021.jpg (106.53 KiB) Viewed 506 times

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests