Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Which new wheel nuts/bolts??

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
highway1

Post by highway1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Well, I've finally ordered some quality refurbished MV3 alloys and they are putting a new set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3 on as well and they should be with me early next week!

Just getting my head around the 4 figure bill ( gulp!!) and realise I need some new wheel nuts/bolts as the ones on my coupe are a bit weathered and would look poor with the new shiny wheels.

Can anyone recommend a decent quality set? Shall I just use the old locking nuts ( they don't seem too bad in appearance) or just get new ones??

I don't know if it matters but, the old wheels are 17" so are the nuts the same size??

Lastly, I use Wonder Wheels wheel sealant (top in Auto Express Tests) to keep the brake dust at bay and easier removal but, would it be worth investing in something like Gtechniq C5 for a meatier layer that I presume you apply once and its good for a year or two??

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Keep the old set, just give them a quick once over with a wire brush and a quick spray of Hamerite. All set! No differnce in the bolts, so you don't specifically have to change them just because you changed the wheels
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71