Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Interesting fuel article

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Interesting fuel article

Post by flimper » Fri May 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Interesting fuel article

Post by buzyg » Fri May 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Well they have priced all the independents out of the market now. So time to start the rip off the masses schemes. It will be interesting to watch and see how how long us Brits take to except this one. :roll:

It's in essence what they have been doing for years anyway, just automated.
Last edited by buzyg on Fri May 26, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRC

Interesting fuel article

Post by BRC » Fri May 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Is there no end to the creative ways in which the public can be shafted! I can just see it coming when because no one is buying in the expensive period, we are told, "we had to increase prices in the cheap period".
FFS what is it coming to?

Sold a pair of soft top side covers and now retired.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Interesting fuel article

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri May 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Don't get angry, get even. If it comes in there is a great opportunity for an app to do the reverse predictions or monitor the prices!
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Sky-drive

Interesting fuel article

Post by Sky-drive » Fri May 26, 2017 5:43 pm

The system has been around for years in fuel stations in Germany ... just seems to end up with empty forecourts when the price per litre is high and then when the price is tweaked low its rammed with vehicles.
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Interesting fuel article

Post by Nictrix » Fri May 26, 2017 6:08 pm

They are going to have to build carparks at the fuel stations while people wait for the price to drop.
I dont understand the prices these days. One station has petrol dearer than diesel, another has diesel dearer than petrol, one is 4p a litre cheaper than one a mile down the road. They just seem to make it up as they go along.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Interesting fuel article

Post by RickRob » Fri May 26, 2017 6:53 pm

The price of petrol has fluctuated so much over recent years I have no idea of the current price. I doubt that £1 difference on a (full) tank is going to change the lives of too many people on here.

I am a creature of habit - the Discovery gets filled up on Saturday and the Zed on Sunday - usually earlyish (before 08:00am) each day. Outside of normal weeks either car gets filled when it's empty, not determined by time of day or petrol station busyness.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Interesting fuel article

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri May 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Would be better to get rid of VED and stick fuel up 10p a litre...
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Interesting fuel article

Post by Nictrix » Fri May 26, 2017 7:41 pm

What that article says in a roundabout way is that if it sees you driving in it can change the price and charge you more than the person in front of you.
No way would that happen.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Interesting fuel article

Post by RickRob » Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Found this - I think it's true:

Diesel and petrol
The Retail Prices (Diesel and Petrol) Display Order, 1997 requires that service stations display the prices for petrol and diesel. The notice must be clearly visible from the side of the road and be in writing at least 20cm in height. The Order specifies that the prices must be displayed in litres. In addition, the actual price charged at the petrol pump must match the price displayed.

If true this means that hey cannot charge different people diiferent pricing.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

NickDE

Interesting fuel article

Post by NickDE » Fri May 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Sky-drive wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:43 pm The system has been around for years in fuel stations in Germany ... just seems to end up with empty forecourts when the price per litre is high and then when the price is tweaked low its rammed with vehicles.
I used to fill up early on Sunday mornings when it was cheap(er)
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Paulr

Interesting fuel article

Post by Paulr » Fri May 26, 2017 10:21 pm

RickRob wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 pm Found this - I think it's true:

Diesel and petrol
The Retail Prices (Diesel and Petrol) Display Order, 1997 requires that service stations display the prices for petrol and diesel. The notice must be clearly visible from the side of the road and be in writing at least 20cm in height. The Order specifies that the prices must be displayed in litres. In addition, the actual price charged at the petrol pump must match the price displayed.

They can if it is a digital display that will be connected to the system. Just means it will be going up and down all day.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

dhobbs

Interesting fuel article

Post by dhobbs » Sat May 27, 2017 8:58 am

It's just a case of getting savvy and planning the time/day to fill up.
It's much the same as planning a long journey, you fill up at home and not at the super expensive motorway services. Although you always see people filling up there!

£1 difference isn't going to bother me though.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Interesting fuel article

Post by RickRob » Sat May 27, 2017 10:08 am

Paulr wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 10:21 pm
RickRob wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 pm Found this - I think it's true:

Diesel and petrol

They can if it is a digital display that will be connected to the system. Just means it will be going up and down all day.
I agree. I was referring to the bit in the original article which states "and even the particular driver" within this sentence: "Artificial intelligence systems equipped with the ability to charge customers depending on location, demand and even the particular driver have arrived in the UK. "

Hilly30si

Interesting fuel article

Post by Hilly30si » Mon May 29, 2017 10:44 pm

BRC wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 3:43 pm Is there no end to the creative ways in which the public can be shafted! I can just see it coming when because no one is buying in the expensive period, we are told, "we had to increase prices in the cheap period".
FFS what is it coming to?
That's what I thought, and totally logical.
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster