Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Would you vote differently now?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Another Brexit vote.

OUT
46%
IN
54%

Total votes: 110

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Part of the problem was that most people really didn't know what they were voting for. That is probably still true. In other countries major and complex constitutional decisions set the bar much higher than a simple majority -they set it higher at say 66%. A decision taken on one day with imperfect information that will affect generations to come and you just need 50.1% is high risk and short sighted in my opinion. Decisions like this have long term impacts and many of those voting won't be around to really see the consequences. The split between the younger and older generations was very stark. I think its perfectly reasonable to have another vote once we are clearer on what the terms will be. I doubt whether we will get that chance though except on here :wink:
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm

I'm for in. :D Countries out. :D Eventually we might get on with it. :roll:

Dave1971

Post by Dave1971 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:18 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:49 pm Most of the out voters I know were in non manufacturing related industries and public services.

That's surprising as I work in a factory on the shop floor and I'm the only person I know of that voted remain, still would if they re-ran it.
Zed No 1 2004 e85 Z4 2.2 se
Zed No 2 2007 e85 Imola Red Z4MR
Zed No 3 2006 e85 Ruby Black 3.0si Roadster
Zed No 4 2009 e89 Deep see blue 35i sDrive
Zed No 5 2006 e85 Titan silver 3.0si Roadster
Zed No 6 2004 e85 Black Sapphire Alpina Roadster S Lux #073

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Buckz wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:11 pm in of course, would be crazy to vote out. The country is incapable sorting things out on it's own, the government is a joke. Ran by absolute monkeys :fuelfire: But I am like most young people with many years ahead of me, wanting better future for my self and my kids :) unlike most leave voters who have a big house, mortgage paid off, a nice car and 15 years left to live. Watch the world burn, who cares aye, don't have long left anyway. Sit online reading the sun, daily mail etc and pretend that it is facts that EU is the bad guy here. Jokers.
I'd vote out/leave again. You've done a good job of insulting a fair number of people there.
I'm 'just' in my 30's therefore hope I've got a few years to go and also want a good future for everyone (can't think anyone would want a bad future for their family?). I have a rented house btw.
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Fishy Dave wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 pm
Buckz wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:11 pm in of course, would be crazy to vote out. The country is incapable sorting things out on it's own, the government is a joke. Ran by absolute monkeys :fuelfire: But I am like most young people with many years ahead of me, wanting better future for my self and my kids :) unlike most leave voters who have a big house, mortgage paid off, a nice car and 15 years left to live. Watch the world burn, who cares aye, don't have long left anyway. Sit online reading the sun, daily mail etc and pretend that it is facts that EU is the bad guy here. Jokers.
I'd vote out/leave again. You've done a good job of insulting a fair number of people there.
I'm 'just' in my 30's therefore hope I've got a few years to go and also want a good future for everyone (can't think anyone would want a bad future for their family?). I have a rented house btw.
I feel insulted by your selfishness to vote leave too :) we're equal now :wink: self harm is an interesting thing.

Vonlipvig

Post by Vonlipvig » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:49 pm

buzyg wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm I'm for in. :D Countries out. :D Eventually we might get on with it. :roll:
Cornwall will go independent anyways, then the toll with be both ways :P
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Vonlipvig wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:49 pm
buzyg wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm I'm for in. :D Countries out. :D Eventually we might get on with it. :roll:
Cornwall will go independent anyways, then the toll with be both ways :P
They have switched on the Traffic lights at Carkeel round about today. That will stop any one getting in or out. :cry:

ric19

Post by ric19 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Well Im 57 so i suppose that constitutes as being oldish and I voted remain ..from what I see and read it's looking like a complete (pardon my French ) cluster f***

gov

Post by gov » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm still an avid Remainer despite being old - having said this there is so much arrogance and corruption within the EU I can understand why so many people voted out - the EU really needs to be reformed from within but I can't see that happening in a hurry :( Our present government are an absolute joke and the EU negotiators know this - UK negotiators have no real authority and the Tories are so divided as to what should be the desired outcome of Brexit :cry:

Throughout all this this the present Government will do anything to remain in power as we have seen with the obscene money being promised to NI for 10 votes :x

At the end of the day however there is no going back on the vote and we are definitely going to get shafted either way - we might just as well walk away now - pay them fcuk all and just start out on our own .

markalp

Post by markalp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:17 pm

I used to be a huge supporter of the EU but the way they made ireland vote again on the lisbon treaty dented my opinion, and then the way they treated greece finished them off in my eyes. democracy is a dirty word in EU land, and I dont want any part of it.
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jabber » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:23 pm

I voted out but after this inept governments efforts I would porbably change my vote not necessarily because I don’t think being out isn’t a good idea it’s just this bunch of idiots couldn’t organise a p*ss up in a brewery
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Red, Blue , Yellow - no matter what government we have they are all inept!
It’s all about feathering their own nests.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

dans6490

Post by dans6490 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:56 pm

The current government aren’t fit for office and those in power at the EU are so corrupt it would be a joke if it weren’t so serious.

It feels to me, that which ever way we vote, we are being shafted, lied to and ripped off. The whole system is a mess, wether that’s the conservative, labour , eu, etc.

To be honest, I don’t want any affiliation with any of these parties or organisations. None of them represent me, my views or moral values.

Both remain and leave would have to make huge changes to their policies and how their respective supporters/leaders behave, for me to consider voting again.

It’s not just the referendum but issues all around the country that need addressing and I have zero faith that anyone either side is capable to even scratch the surface.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Pretty much everything I expected with ‘out’ is happening. Economy slowing, £ down to euro, political infighting, inability to get any sort of deal, no chance of new trade agreements, Europe building up to damage everything, etc.
Actually sat in with trade secretary last week and it’s pitiful where we are.
Would still vote to stay.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:30 pm

I can see why folks would be considering changing their minds with everything going on, but we're not even half way through this particular game of poker. I'd like to see the final outcome, after all the posturing from the Eurocrats as well as our people is done and once the likes of BMW/Mercedes/Audi/FIAT/Peugeot etc seriously start thinking their UK sales might take a pummeling and get into the ribs of Merkel and co. It will be interesting to see what effect that has on the final position. However the flip side of this is our current weak PM/Cabinet etcand the fact that some leavers may now be potentially wavering because of the pound/economy. If I was a Eurocrat I would still be thinking we have a good chance of killing this altogether or at least get them to haveanother referendum.

The whole referendum thing was a mistake, not that we shouldn't have had one. But what should of happened was a series of questions taking the temp of the nation on the individual issues. Almost like a mini census. Questions like are you in favor of open boarders YES/NO. Should our courts have absolute sovereignty YES/NO. With sub questions based on your previous answers. Ok, your not in favour of blanket open boarders, how about open boarders for core EU Countries but not for the like of Romania/Poland etc The majority verdict should have shaped our bargaining position with Cameron and Co going to the EU with a strong mandate of "this is what the people of the UK want our relationship with Europe to look like, if we dont get this we may be off. Then the final deal put to us in an IN/OUT referendum.

Might be a bit naive to think this would have ever happened but it would have been a damn sight better/fairer/more sensible than the blanket in/out vote we got.

We've only ended up where we are due to Camerons half arsed attempts to kill the whole Europe debate and fufill the election promise. He landed a few concessions with Europe that no one would ever notice the difference and thought "that will do! the outcome of a referendum is a sure thing anyway." Well hes made a pigs ear of all that, but then again he does like pigs! :rofl:
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)