Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Would you vote differently now?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Another Brexit vote.

OUT
46%
IN
54%

Total votes: 110

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 am

I feel Brexit will cost this country dearly in the end, sheer madness.

Tim.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 am

On another not the GF worked for Late Rooms she didn't even get through her probation and the department was dissolved and moved to manila and she was made redundant. We pretty much moved to Manchester because she got the job as it was a great job being the representative for the north top of scotland down to Sheffield. She had no rights because she hadnt been there long enough and we had to deal with it. So at one point we were both out of work. Things certainly haven't been easy and im sure im not the only one with a story to tell.

We are fortunate to have a very supportive family otherwise we would have been in a very difficult position. I know everyone is not in the same boat.
Last edited by tomscott on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 am

Buckz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:49 am

It's funny how majority are fingers in their ears pretending that nothing is happening, pound crash alone has made all of us poorer and our money worth less. And that's before we even get to the two year period.

How has the pound crash made all of us poorer ? :? I don't think i'm the only forum member with property in europe & whilst the holiday pound may be tighter on exchange for spending money the actual property value is rising the closer to parity 8) hence my no vote as from a personal perspective i could not see a win or lose situation whether in or out .

If you had to ask why the country is so divided Re the actual Brexit vote my perspective is there was a complete & utter lack of factual information available to anyone remotely interested so we ended up with the notion that vote out meant no more immigrants , most out voters probably never looked beyond that :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:24 am

tomscott wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:10 am
mr wilks wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:48 am There may well be minor blips as Tom highlights but as i see he's currently in the market for a 35 or ZMR id say things are going ok :D
Why do you think its taken so long. The budget isnt exactly huge.
Maybe its not to you Tom but its not exactly bumping along the bottom motoring with a £1ooo banger :P
Ive been self employed 30 yrs , so through 2 very heavy recessions that each time decimated the building trade , you just have to dig in & ride it out cutting cloth accordingly & learning life's lessons .
If we remain will there never be another recession? Doubtful
If we leave will there never be another recession ? Doubtful
Its simply the rollercoaster of life
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 am

mr wilks wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 am

It's funny how majority are fingers in their ears pretending that nothing is happening, pound crash alone has made all of us poorer and our money worth less. And that's before we even get to the two year period.

How has the pound crash made all of us poorer ? :? I don't think i'm the only forum member with property in europe & whilst the holiday pound may be tighter on exchange for spending money the actual property value is rising the closer to parity 8) hence my no vote as from a personal perspective i could not see a win or lose situation whether in or out .

If you had to ask why the country is so divided Re the actual Brexit vote my perspective is there was a complete & utter lack of factual information available to anyone remotely interested so we ended up with the notion that vote out meant no more immigrants , most out voters probably never looked beyond that :wink:
well simply put, you pound buys you less than it did before. Even things like chinese import wheels(hello csl reps) have increased in price by £70/set.

everything has gone up price wise yet my wages stayed the same.

I agree, as I've said this vote should not have been in publics hands. Average Joe has not got the knowledge to make such a decision. And you say, many voted to get immigrants out.. which is not going to happen :poke:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 am

Buckz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 am

well simply put, you pound buys you less than it did before. Even things like chinese import wheels(hello csl reps) have increased in price by £70/set.

I agree, as I've said this vote should not have been in publics hands. Average Joe has not got the knowledge to make such a decision. And you say, many voted to get immigrants out.. which is not going to happen :poke:
I bought many imported sets of wheels before brexit & bought 4/5 sets since . Absolutely no increase in prices paid & possibly evn cheaper :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 am

You haven't told me. All you've told me is that 3 years before any Brexit or any deal was known some media company decided it couldn't take you on any longer because of the referendum vote and I am highly sceptical they were telling you the truth.

Name the 'many' multi-national companies that are looking to move or not expand that have publically announced plans and provide some factual links to prove it.

Explain why the media business has been affected by Brexit specifically? Just because there aren't any jobs in media it doesn't mean that's Brexit-related. Our business (food & beverage) is probably one of the most exposed to Brexit because of the nature of our workforce but so far we're not experiencing any great recruitment issue and we haven't lost many EU nationals either.

4m kids with malnutrition? Really? Bullshit. There's only about 11 million children under the age of 16 in the UK. You seriously think that getting on for half of our kids are malnourished? Yet we apparently have a childhood obesity epidemic. According to the ONS 25% of 2-10 year olds and 33% of 11-15 year olds are overweight or clinically obese. Honestly you need to sit down and think about things before just digesting some crap you've read in the Guardian put there by Owen Jones or some other Corbynista. He managed to fool a load of students to vote for him on the promise of eradicating their student debt and they actually believed him!! Apparently the next Labour manifesto will offer all students a free trip to Disney in Florida.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:33 am

mr wilks wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 am
Buckz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 am

I bought many imported sets of wheels before brexit & bought 4/5 sets since . Absolutely no increase in prices paid & possibly evn cheaper :?
you must be shopping at some weird channels then, cmwheels, bmautosport, rimstyle etc my usual go-to places have all gone up :? Another thing that has very much gone up in price in my experience is computer hardware, I have just purchased a set of parts to build a custom box for my brother and the prices are shocking. But it makes sense. It is attractive for investors outside uk, not that pound is worth less.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:41 am

mr wilks wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:24 am
mr wilks wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:48 am There may well be minor blips as Tom highlights but as i see he's currently in the market for a 35 or ZMR id say things are going ok :D
Maybe its not to you Tom but its not exactly bumping along the bottom motoring with a £1ooo banger :P
Ive been self employed 30 yrs , so through 2 very heavy recessions that each time decimated the building trade , you just have to dig in & ride it out cutting cloth accordingly & learning life's lessons .
Completely agree. From that point of view it does look like being very spoiled.

I have always been a hard worker to get what I want one of the reasons I managed to get my first Z4. This time is no different. We have worked hard to get back to where we want to be I work 9-5 and then shoot weddings and events at the weekends and usually edit 7-11 most nights. The GF leaves at 7 and doesn't get back will 8-9pm most evenings. There isn't a lot of time to do much but save money to get where we want to be and slowly but surely things have got better.

I finished Uni in 2009 and was one of 3 from 60 graduates from my uni that got a job. A lot of my friends struggled and I was fortunate.

What does annoy me on the other hand is people that haven't been affected coming out and saying all of this is worth it especially when non of us have any experience of being out of the EU.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:46 am

original guvnor wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 am You haven't told me. All you've told me is that 3 years before any Brexit or any deal was known some media company decided it couldn't take you on any longer because of the referendum vote and I am highly sceptical they were telling you the truth.

Name the 'many' multi-national companies that are looking to move or not expand that have publically announced plans and provide some factual links to prove it.

Explain why the media business has been affected by Brexit specifically? Just because there aren't any jobs in media it doesn't mean that's Brexit-related. Our business (food & beverage) is probably one of the most exposed to Brexit because of the nature of our workforce but so far we're not experiencing any great recruitment issue and we haven't lost many EU nationals either.

4m kids with malnutrition? Really? Bullshit. There's only about 11 million children under the age of 16 in the UK. You seriously think that getting on for half of our kids are malnourished? Yet we apparently have a childhood obesity epidemic. According to the ONS 25% of 2-10 year olds and 33% of 11-15 year olds are overweight or clinically obese. Honestly you need to sit down and think about things before just digesting some crap you've read in the Guardian put there by Owen Jones or some other Corbynista. He managed to fool a load of students to vote for him on the promise of eradicating their student debt and they actually believed him!! Apparently the next Labour manifesto will offer all students a free trip to Disney in Florida.
:thumbsup:

Sounds like you should be running for PM mate.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:58 am

I don't think you'd vote for me.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 am

tomscott wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:41 am
mr wilks wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:24 am

Completely agree. From that point of view it does look like being very spoiled.

I have always been a hard worker to get what I want one of the reasons I managed to get my first Z4. This time is no different. We have worked hard to get back to where we want to be I work 9-5 and then shoot weddings and events at the weekends and usually edit 7-11 most nights. The GF leaves at 7 and doesn't get back will 8-9pm most evenings. There isn't a lot of time to do much but save money to get where we want to be and slowly but surely things have got better.

I finished Uni in 2009 and was one of 3 from 60 graduates from my uni that got a job. A lot of my friends struggled and I was fortunate.

What does annoy me on the other hand is people that haven't been affected coming out and saying all of this is worth it especially when non of us have any experience of being out of the EU.
I think some here must have that experience Tom, we didn’t join the common market until 1975?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 am

Look Tom stop assuming we haven't been affected by the post-financial crash era. I haven't had a pay rise in 10 years that has been at or above the rate of inflation and several years with none at all. I haven't had a bonus for 6 of the last 7 years so in real terms I am 15-20% at least less well off than I was back in 2007. My house is barely worth what I paid for it 11 years ago despite spending £132k in mortgage payments in that time. I've set my own limited company up in my spare time two years ago to try and make up some of the difference so stop telling me I don't know what it's like to have some economic hardship. Your generation isn't known as the snowflakes without reason.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 am

my vote has not changed

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:53 am

original guvnor wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 am Look Tom stop assuming we haven't been affected by the post-financial crash era. I haven't had a pay rise in 10 years that has been at or above the rate of inflation and several years with none at all. I haven't had a bonus for 6 of the last 7 years so in real terms I am 15-20% at least less well off than I was back in 2007. My house is barely worth what I paid for it 11 years ago despite spending £132k in mortgage payments in that time. I've set my own limited company up in my spare time two years ago to try and make up some of the difference so stop telling me I don't know what it's like to have some economic hardship. Your generation isn't known as the snowflakes without reason.
Lost all credibility after that line. I'd put you in the shoes of an average 20yo and you'd be crying ;) with house at ridiculous levels, uni debts 40-50k and even after uni you'd struggle to get a perm job. It's a joke.