Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Would you vote differently now?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Another Brexit vote.

OUT
46%
IN
54%

Total votes: 110

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:50 am

Its a tough negotiation thats for sure. The EU know that if they give us a good deal then others may be encouraged to leave. They also know that a bad deal will hurt them but its a game of brinkmanship now. They may calculate that a bad deal will seal the fate of this lame government - in fact the electorate signalled that they were not happy with Theresa May's "Brexit means Brexit", "no deal is better than a bad deal" (notice she has quietly dropped that line now) approach when she opportunistically tried to increase her majority in the general election and lost her majority. She wanted a bigger majority to increase her hand with the EU and the electorate refused to give it to her. For the Europeans its always been about more than just economics and we never really understood that or sympathised with it. I would rather have stayed in where at least we could be a moderating influence and (as the facts clearly show) gain massively from the advantages of a single market. My money is still on a fudge 4 years down the line :) Great that we are all allowed to have an opinion though! :thumbsup:
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Buckz wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 am I wonder how you lot expect the monkeys in charge to run the country on their own when they can't get basics rights with the help of EU? I mean really, we've got no one in power who is capable of doing it. May is a complete wreck, Corbyn is all over the place..
I'd agree with most of what you said, but referring to the "help of EU" seems to suggest they have some grip on things - EU officials seem to be at least as clueless as our own lot!

And if that is the best we can hope for I'd rather be ruled by clueless Brits than clueless Europeans. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black