Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Would you vote differently now?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Another Brexit vote.

OUT
46%
IN
54%

Total votes: 110

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm still in favour of getting out - I just wish there were some signs of us getting out! :(

I realise an awful lot of politicians only serve their own interests, but at least our MPs are more likely to do something useful for the UK than the MEPs (who mostly represent other countries)!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm
I realise an awful lot of politicians only serve their own interests, but at least our MPs are more likely to do something useful for the UK than the MEPs (who mostly represent other countries)!
We have our MEP s as well, who I hope have represented the UK with the same partisan bias !
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:39 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pmWe have our MEP s as well, who I hope have represented the UK with the same partisan bias !
Maybe, but with only 72 in a parliament of 751 members they can't really protect our interests very effectively! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Confused®

Post by Confused® » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Still out.

no fit state

Post by no fit state » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:13 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:49 pm Most of the out voters I know were in non manufacturing related industries and public services.
Most of the out voters I know are in manufacturing.
Z4MC Imola red

markalp

Post by markalp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:17 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pm
Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm
We have our MEP s as well, who I hope have represented the UK with the same partisan bias !
There is the problem, our MEPs are british and as such are always following the rules, rather than looking out for the UK interests.
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mcbeee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:50 pm

If I could vote there ( as an expat) I would say OUT, I remember when we joined the Common Market, it seems we were ok before that and trade deals were in place then. The politicians seem to be dragging their heels, much like lawyers who don’t really want a verdict.
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:56 pm

mcbeee wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:50 pm If I could vote there ( as an expat) I would say OUT, I remember when we joined the Common Market, it seems we were ok before that and trade deals were in place then. The politicians seem to be dragging their heels, much like lawyers who don’t really want a verdict.
Is Canada self sufficienct ?

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mcbeee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:26 pm

We have lots of natural resources, oil, gas , lumber, mining .....we import oil from the Arab nations while stopping pipelines of oil from the western province of Alberta, of which there is a lot. Stifling the economy of our country. We also export all the raw materials to other countries (China and Japan) so we can have them make stuff and sell it back to us. I’ll gladly trade you a Justin Trudeau for a Theresa May, maybe even throw in a French province as a bonus .....
In short, we are self sufficient but the govt won’t let us.
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Never had a vote, but in the mean time sorted the family out with European passports. No change in view over here, but voting with my feet by letting the "out" lot sorting themselves out whilst I am moving all business activities abroad in EU and USA.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

rooha

Post by rooha » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:39 pm
ronk wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pmWe have our MEP s as well, who I hope have represented the UK with the same partisan bias !
Maybe, but with only 72 in a parliament of 751 members they can't really protect our interests very effectively! :lol:
72 out of 751 is a massive block. 27 other countries and cant find plenty of common ground to build a consensus and power block around for various issues .... thats a problem caused by a little-englander vs johnny foreigner attitude (basically I mean people like Roger 'I dont understand it so it cant be true' Helmer and Nigel 'Bought and Paid for' Farage) , not the EU.

Hell the loonies in the DUP hold power here with just a clutch full of seats

maxman

Post by maxman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Today after seeing the shambles around the way the politicians from all parties are behaving,undermining the negotiations ,europe must be rubbing their hands with glee.Now I would vote to stay in,I did vote out as I thought Cameron would have a plan in place for either outcome.Yes he did have a plan,jump ship.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:34 pm

tomscott wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:39 pm I think its crazy that after all thats gone on people still think out is the right direction.

The country is on its knees and it will take years to recover.
I suppose by "on its knees" you mean the lowest unemployment EVER and in economic growth. Come on Tom, just because you want to stay in, don't try and portray people who think differently as "crazy". You wouldn't like it if I said you were typical of a younger "snowflake" generation living in metropolitan cities who think they're better and cleverer than anyone else. So if you object to that, then don't be so dismissive of people who have a philosophical belief that the EU is anti-competitive, anti-democratic, bureaucratic, and is pushing a pro-globalisation agenda of corporate tax avoidance and cheap labour.

rooha

Post by rooha » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:50 pm

original guvnor wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:34 pm
tomscott wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:39 pm I think its crazy that after all thats gone on people still think out is the right direction.

The country is on its knees and it will take years to recover.
I suppose by "on its knees" you mean the lowest unemployment EVER and in economic growth. Come on Tom, just because you want to stay in, don't try and portray people who think differently as "crazy". You wouldn't like it if I said you were typical of a younger "snowflake" generation living in metropolitan cities who think they're better and cleverer than anyone else. So if you object to that, then don't be so dismissive of people who have a philosophical belief that the EU is anti-competitive, anti-democratic, bureaucratic, and is pushing a pro-globalisation agenda of corporate tax avoidance and cheap labour.
Just a different point of view on what you are saying :evil: g
Once you take government spin out of the figures the real unemployment figure is about 20% (although you can bring that down to about 15% if you take out people who dont want a job eg stay at home parents)
http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-lie-b ... ers-2017-7

[/quote]
If you object to that, then don't be so dismissive of people who have a philosophical belief that the EU is anti-competitive, anti-democratic, bureaucratic, and is pushing a pro-globalisation agenda of corporate tax avoidance and cheap labour.
[/quote]
Are you sure you dont mean our own government; seriously they would have us all put back in our place given half a chance

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:54 pm

mcbeee wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:26 pm I’ll gladly trade you a Justin Trudeau for a Theresa May, maybe even throw in a French province as a bonus .....
In short, we are self sufficient but the govt won’t let us.
I seem to remember seeing some very derogatory comments about old Pierre when I was in BC in the 80’s - i think he was as popular as a fart in a space suit, so thank you for your offer of a French Province in the deal but we’ve got enough problems with our crop of home grown expense fiddling politicians.
Last edited by ronk on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.