Battery Life

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7972
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Battery Life

Post by ronk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:01 pm

There was shock and horror when I posted the price BMW seemed to be charging themselves for a replacement battery under warranty - but I’ve just put my reg into Europarts and a Bosch battery is £364

Not a typo £364 that will be the most expensive battery I’ve ever owned!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing !
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5733
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: Chelmsford

Battery Life

Post by Smartbear » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:04 pm

ronk wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:01 pm
There was shock and horror when I posted the price BMW seemed to be charging themselves for a replacement battery under warranty - but I’ve just put my reg into Europarts and a Bosch battery is £364

Not a typo £364 that will be the most expensive battery I’ve ever owned!
I’d look elsewhere Ron, that’s a bonkers price :o
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 18i which has apparently turned into a 20i :D
e89 Sdrive3.0i this ones busted, pass me another
e85 3.0si-sold my trouble free car...

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7972
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Battery Life

Post by ronk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:44 pm

If had been paying I certainly would have. The battery was replaced on a new car warranty at a little over two years old - I think it’s a shocking price!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing !
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
Adam D
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Langdon Hills, Essex

Battery Life

Post by Adam D » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:07 pm

ronk wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:01 pm
There was shock and horror when I posted the price BMW seemed to be charging themselves for a replacement battery under warranty - but I’ve just put my reg into Europarts and a Bosch battery is £364

Not a typo £364 that will be the most expensive battery I’ve ever owned!
I bought mine from ECP £180 using one of their discount codes.
Silver Grey 2007 Z4MR which needs to be driven more :evil: :P :cool: :D :thumbsup:

User avatar
Havard
Member
Member
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Wigan

Battery Life

Post by Havard » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:24 pm

Last year I paid £150 for an AGM battery with a lifetime warranty from Halfords, still got the receipt and not had any issues.

If it ever packs in, I will be straight back down for an FOC swap... :D

H.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7972
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Battery Life

Post by ronk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Havard wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:24 pm
Last year I paid £150 for an AGM battery with a lifetime warranty from Halfords, still got the receipt and not had any issues.

If it ever packs in, I will be straight back down for an FOC swap... :D

H.
That’s the only way to go if you intend to keep the car for years and years!
Does the small print include / exclude any replacement on the same lifetime warranty?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing !
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
Gaffa22
Member
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 am

Battery Life

Post by Gaffa22 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:42 am

Mine looked to be on the way out, but bought a Ctek mxs5 charger and ran the Recond twice and it seems as though it might have revived it for a little while.
2010 E89 35i DCT
2017 Honda CBR1000RR fireblade
2016 Honda VFR1200F

User avatar
Havard
Member
Member
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Wigan

Battery Life

Post by Havard » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:52 am

ronk wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:32 pm
Havard wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:24 pm
Last year I paid £150 for an AGM battery with a lifetime warranty from Halfords, still got the receipt and not had any issues.

If it ever packs in, I will be straight back down for an FOC swap... :D

H.
That’s the only way to go if you intend to keep the car for years and years!
Does the small print include / exclude any replacement on the same lifetime warranty?
I think it is just for the same type. I will have to look at the receipt. If for whatever reason they don't uphold what I expect from them, I will just shout and complain until I get what I want or ejected from the store.

H.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Havard
Member
Member
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Wigan

Battery Life

Post by Havard » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:17 am

Gaffa22 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:42 am
Mine looked to be on the way out, but bought a Ctek mxs5 charger and ran the Recond twice and it seems as though it might have revived it for a little while.
The test there is to leave it off for a week or so and see if it cranks. I got away with a slightly dodgy battery on a Ctek for a couple of years but after it completely died a couple of times, we got to a point last winter where is struggled to last 24 hours after a charge up or long drive.

H.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Gaffa22
Member
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 am

Battery Life

Post by Gaffa22 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Yes I will monitor it over the winter and see if it holds up, if I get a few more months use out it, that will save wear on a new battery
2010 E89 35i DCT
2017 Honda CBR1000RR fireblade
2016 Honda VFR1200F

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaveAstro, GBZ4, nick_l and 19 guests