Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car related bucket list for 2018

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:40 am

My first thought would be to experience some serious early morning driving in either North Wales or the Yorkshire Dales. What's yours?
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:39 pm

2018 has a Portsmouth to Bilbao and a drive into southern france via the Pyrenees in store for me.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Actually get my project finished and driving.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

brillomaster

Post by brillomaster » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 pm

two car related bucket list items for me this year:
1. Go to the Le Mans 24hrs (admittedly a year too late, should have really gone last year)
and 2. Do a trackday at Spa Francorchamps

may even make it a triple year and add 'Drive a single seater' to that list. Should be a good year!

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:24 pm

brillomaster wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 pm two car related bucket list items for me this year:
1. Go to the Le Mans 24hrs (admittedly a year too late, should have really gone last year)
and 2. Do a trackday at Spa Francorchamps

may even make it a triple year and add 'Drive a single seater' to that list. Should be a good year!
If you are going to do a "do it yourself" Le Mans trip, I'd recommend that you book soon. The campsites and grandstand tickets sell really quickly.

If you're going to do a package then time is more on your side. Although I am doing the Classic rather than the main event next year, I have concluded that the packages are quite a bit more money for not a great deal more.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

brillomaster

Post by brillomaster » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 pm

no worries, got a mate organising things and have got campsite, grandstand seats and some excursions all planned and paid for, just have to work out how we're getting there now (and buy a tent!)

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:31 pm

brillomaster wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 pm no worries, got a mate organising things and have got campsite, grandstand seats and some excursions all planned and paid for, just have to work out how we're getting there now (and buy a tent!)
On the getting there front, if you have the time I would strongly recommend getting off the autoroute and going on the "N" roads. This year we got off the autoroute and had a great drive on straight and empty roads from just before Rouen to Le Mans. Next year will set off a bit earlier and do more on the "N" roads. Came back on the autoroute to Calais - very good roads but a bit boring!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)