Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Just want to get something off my chest...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:17 am

srhutch wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 am to find out what I did
srhutch wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 am If they had done it now, I’d have just banned the b@stard :lol:
...sounds like a challenge :D

I'm quite bad for going off on a tangent to find out about people - mainly for the challenge but sometimes yeilds interesting results. Such is being a child of the internet - can't help it. It's the same when i drive through very random remote places i'm always wondering "what on earth do people here.. do!?"

I adopt a more 'ive got nothing to hide' approach, but i accept (and mitigate where possible) the negative consequences of being quite blatant. Any old muppet can work out who i am and what i do :D
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:21 am

firebobby wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:29 pm I feel the anti whippy brigade hound us whippy owners and good help you if you have wood, I do have wood and am proud of polishing my wood.
My wife loves my wood and often comments on how smooth my wood is. There are members on here who, I feel are jealous of us rare wood owners...you know who you are :poke:
Sometimes the typed word can read totally different from the spoken word and people get the wrong end of the stick. :)
I keep my only polished wood to play with on the Golf Tee. I tried playing with it on the furway a few times but friends told me it was embarrassing to watch, :oops: so I had to put it away. My whippy on the other hand is always on display and proud. :D :thumbsup:

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:24 am

srhutch wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 am There was a muppet on here a few years ago that went out of his way to find out what I did..
Rumour has it was removals - at least I remember something about driving a Romanian-registered van over the Dartford crossing, repeatedly.... :wink:
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:25 am

Twin Turbo wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 pm But since my car did not confirm the enthusiast's expectations, been an 2 Ltr - there was constant negativity.
i agree i've seen enough ///M + 35i owners who bang on about it as if its the only true car worth own - but that's up to you to ignore and rise above (it's also simply not true), at the end of the day everyone is proud of their own specific car choice and some times people love to justify their own purchases publicly for a bit of self gratification... the same people probably still send Christmas Round Robin letters. Just because you happen to have the slightly pricier car doesn't make you a more qualified or deserving forum member - in 2017 it probably just means you have a bigger PCP deal :D
[/quote]

I have always thought f this as one of the nicer,if not best forum around.

As for the 2ltrs, many an owner on here over the years have had the 2.0&2.2 litres,and have had immense fun with them.

I still think the 3.0 is the best all rounder,in e85/86 variant,as they take less time to warm up from cold,compared to an M,and are I bit easier for commuting,if need be,and that's a car you can have fun in.
The M does everything that bit better,which is to be expected,but running costs are noticeably higher,for no reason,in my opinion.

But I have often said to potential new owners,that plenty on here have had alot of enjoyment on spirited forum runs,etc in the smaller engined ones,just that some of us like the performance of the bigger engined versions more.
Each to their own :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:34 am

buzyg wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:21 am
firebobby wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:29 pm I feel the anti whippy brigade hound us whippy owners and good help you if you have wood, I do have wood and am proud of polishing my wood.
My wife loves my wood and often comments on how smooth my wood is. There are members on here who, I feel are jealous of us rare wood owners...you know who you are :poke:
Sometimes the typed word can read totally different from the spoken word and people get the wrong end of the stick. :)
I keep my only polished wood to play with on the Golf Tee. I tried playing with it on the furway a few times but friends told me it was embarrassing to watch, :oops: so I had to put it away. My whippy on the other hand is always on display and proud. :D :thumbsup:
Haha,nice one.....mad me laugh,after what has been one awful day!!
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:04 am

jimmybell wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:57 pm Having been on many many many forms of internet comms since the 90s i can vouch that this forum is pretty tame and sometimes sickeningly friendly.. hence why i'm still here!
Not wanting to sound insensitive, but this is my view as well. This forum is very friendly and welcoming compared to most. I’ve had death threats before (as a moderator), and witnessed interventions like forum members going to another’s house to check they hadn’t committed suicide. And that was a forum about computer graphics!

Some are utter anarchy, but they have their appeal too - the whole thing is one big slanging match so it’s impossible to take things too seriously. Genuinely hilarious to read as well, in the same way that some YouTube comments are priceless, even though they’re racist/narcissistic/obscene if taken at face value. The main issue there, of course, is that young kids grow up on this stuff. Luckily not a problem we have!
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 am

craig3.2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:34 am
buzyg wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:21 am
Haha,nice one.....mad me laugh,after what has been one awful day!!
Good deed for the day done then. Glass of wine and some shut eye. :)
Last edited by buzyg on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:35 am

firebobby wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:29 pm I feel the anti whippy brigade hound us whippy owners and good help you if you have wood,
I also dont get the aversion to wood or a longer aerial. Next thing you see is a discussion whether red is nicer than blue or not.
Thats all a matter of taste, not facts.
But it seems that there is no end to discuss matter of taste on the internet :lol:
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:56 am

srhutch wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 am
Nictrix wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 pm Dont tell everybody your life story. It is there for the world to read if they want to.
I do sometimes think that people share a bit too much here at times.
This :thumbsup:

There was a muppet on here a few years ago that went out of his way to find out what I did and made some stupid comment about it. Can’t remember what exactly and don’t want to. Surfice to say my profile now edited.

If they had done it now, I’d have just banned the b@stard :lol:
Is that the same muppet that looked up my business / turnover / shareholders etc whose name started at one type with a K ? Good riddance to him anyway.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:07 am

pvr wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:56 am
srhutch wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 am
Nictrix wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 pm Dont tell everybody your life story. It is there for the world to read if they want to.
I do sometimes think that people share a bit too much here at times.
This :thumbsup:

There was a muppet on here a few years ago that went out of his way to find out what I did and made some stupid comment about it. Can’t remember what exactly and don’t want to. Surfice to say my profile now edited.

If they had done it now, I’d have just banned the b@stard :lol:
Is that the same muppet that looked up my business / turnover / shareholders etc whose name started at one type with a K ? Good riddance to him anyway.
Bloody hell that sounds a bit extreme. What was his problem?
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:15 am

Simply put its one if the best forums I've ever joined, everyone always pitches in if you need help with car, diy and most sex related issues that have saved me many a trip to the doctors. When I first joined in 2012 I did get off on the wrong footing with Carol but really she just wanted me and was in denial but I worked through it and still here, hopefully for a long time to come :)

Tim.

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:16 am

I've joined a few car forums and this is the first one where I have been an 'active member' and I put this down to two initial reasons - people communicate in full sentences with no 'text speak' and its OK to be enthusiastic but not knowledgeable. I'll have had my Zed and been here a year in January and I'm enjoying both.

I made a long post earlier in the year when a lot of us got involved in calming down a discussion about which was the most desirable / collectable / rare Zed combination. I make no apologises for pasting a section of my comment here again - its why I've stayed and contributed my bit and why I'm looking forward to my next year :thumbsup:

My Zed is blue because I like blue cars (my last three have been blue) and has what must be a common options list but I love it because it drives well and because of that its my daily. The value for me is how it makes me feel pushing into a tight corner and I can see it on the drive now and recall that feeling. Having read posts and meet some of the guys from the forum the interest here I suggest is owning your own thrill machine - we all have different circumstances so our ideal Zed differs you only have to look at past threads about roadster/coupe; 2.0/3.0; E85/E89.

As soon as you have options every car is rare but it just makes every car the same as they are described by the universal common denominator. You could have had a Mini Cooper or a Mini Rio and everyone knew the spec - but an E89 is an E89 if you get what I mean.

I can assure you that the next time I'm braking full on for a tight corner what will be foremost in my mind will be either 'did I make a good tyre choice?' or just screaming; not 'how many other owners have the same configuration as me?'

I'm sorry that this forum hasn't given you the answers you were looking for but its (IMHO) about loving the Zed here. This is the first forum I've joined where members are pleased for other members having a nice car - just look at the responses to new members posts and pictures. We celebrate owners good fortunes and look at their cars and think 'maybe mine would drive better with that done'. Members might tease others and already I realise there are some long running gags in the threads but there's nothing to prove here.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:16 am

I'd say this forum is 50/50. I'd say more but they way I had my support to the members viewed put me off saying anything.. :) it's great for resources and knowledge but some people here are off the rails. :fuelfire:

z4pilot

Post by z4pilot » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:43 am

thanatu55 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:16 pm This forum is a wonderful place, whether directly or indirectly it can be a place where people can feel a belonging, to learn and share all aspects of life and their passion. I personally appreciate having this space and all of the people who contribute to it. I have learnt a ton, made friends, shared experiences and offered my own advice to others. And on the whole, I haven't felt judged.

However, this shouldn't be a place where one should feel the need to clarify their personal circumstances to another to justify or seek approval for the decisions they make or for the things they choose to share. As great a place as this is, it isn't free of the odd twunt and as with anywhere on the internet, the odd troll.
It's the internet.... It's real life - condensed. The whole spectrum is here - from bullies, right through to people with a victimisation complex. Take what you need, contribute if you want, but don't take any of it seriously. If you stick something into the public sphere, expect someone, somewhere to comment on it. Only you are responsible for what you post and not everyone is going to agree with it or have the same opinion, so be prepared for the bad as well as the good and you won't be disappointed.
Now Gone - 2008 Coupe, Montego Blue, Champagne leather and Piano Black interior, Eibachs & Koni Sport shocks, Style 230 19s, Eisenmann Quad - approaching perfection...

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 am

I have to say that the forum has certainly changed since I joined. Some bad some good. There is a lot more bickering and general keyboard warriors than there used to be but then the cars are super available to anyone so you have to expect it.

Saying that I haven’t owned a Z since 2014 and still here too.

Probably because I do like talking to a lot of the friends I made here along the way and still love the Z and chatting about it.

Great place and a credit to the guys who keep it a balanced place.