Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone know a plumber?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone know a plumber?

Post by TitanTim » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Remind me to buy a hoover next time I attempt a plumbing job :lol:

https://youtu.be/OP30okjpCko

Tim.

Silverzedtom

Anyone know a plumber?

Post by Silverzedtom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 pm

:rofl: I do love watching these videos as a plumber.

My wet vac saved the day once I froze a cold main as the internal stop tap didn’t work and I couldn’t find the external tap. I cut the section of pipe I was replacing out and watched in horror as the ice plug started to creep out of the pipe. Luckily I always have a wet vac handy when freezing.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Anyone know a plumber?

Post by buzyg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm

:oops:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone know a plumber?

Post by firebobby » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:31 pm

That looks like it was the hot water too :o
I work for the local water company and I get called to quite a few jobs like this, the plumber fooks up and then the customer tries to blame us because they can't find the osv... normally they have put gravel over it or it buried in the lawn.
Can nearly always sort it out though :)
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone know a plumber?

Post by TitanTim » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Felt quite sorry for the lady with the hoover, the more she hoovered the worse it got :cry:

I'm guessing the so called plumber had bust the stop cock and couldn't find the outside mains shut off, but why did he think he could plug the leak.

I've had a couple of scary plumbers in the past, one time was two brothers, their company was called Brain Bros Plumbing and they came to swap out the bathroom basin taps. For some reason they tried drilling the centre of the taps out :? and dropped the drill in the basin smashing it so had to get a new one, they fitted the taps then got an airlock in the cold water pipe so tried releasing the air via a valve in the airing cupboard and broke it so it was leaking. I turned the water off at the mains and told them to get out the house.

Always wary and try and get someone on recommendation.

Tim.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Anyone know a plumber?

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:23 pm

Well it could be worse I suppose!

When I used to handle house insurance claims the biggest issue we had with plumbers was when they used blowtorches in the loft - and then you'd want plenty of water! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black