Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wondershare Software

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Wondershare Software

Post by TitanTim » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Hi all.
As per title I downloaded a free trial of this software (stupidly :oops:) as I needed something that would play some video formats. Roll on a few months and my laptop started to slow down and noticed the other day a Wondershare shortcut had mysteriously appeared on the desktop, I didn't open the shortcut but guessing it links to their website. I remembered then I still had the software installed so thought it would be easy to just uninstall it, wrong, it wouldn't let me as it said ithe files were read only. I've managed to change the security settings on the files in the source folder so I'm an Admin and delete them them out, however it must still be lurking on the registry as when I boot the laptop up I get a Wondershare start up error message saying it can't find the file source. For the moment I've disabled it in Start Up. If I go to unistall programmes I still have the Wondershare listed in the programmes :cry:

Unsure how I get rid of it :? I've tried doing a roll back but because I haven't accepted any Windows updates for quite some time I haven't any restore points.

So in short give it a wide birth.

Tim.