Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brexit Cost - an explanation!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:45 am

I see your point especially about the increased financial burdon on Germany and France but in some cases including Horizon 2020 the UK is by far the largest beneficiary. In this case around £88 M . The point is that we signed for this. If you bought a car on finance and then decided not to keep up payments then the finance
people would have the keys off you ASAP :D
[/quote]

I agree to an extent but what about all the assets we have paid into we longer have the use of? We should be getting a rebate.
The £88 M is insignificant when we pay in £10 Billion more than we get back. We could fund the entire Horizon project and still be in profit.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:56 am

Personally I can't wait to leave.... It seems like it's a bit like being in the Mafia, ok while you are in (but expensive), but don't try to leave or they'll come after you. Should Europe not have been something that was attractive to be in, not that you were afraid to leave. Sure it will cost to leave (whether it will cost more than we contributed, we will see), but rather go it alone than be bullied by that lot. I'm ashamed that we were ever a part of it in the first place.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:22 am

How do we stand if you order goods from within the EU in terms of import duty? Will this be changing once were out and have to pay it?

Tim.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 pm

TitanTim wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:22 am How do we stand if you order goods from within the EU in terms of import duty? Will this be changing once were out and have to pay it?

Tim.
That is the cost that the Dutch were talking about, it requires a separate customs handling in the harbour costing millions to set up.

With my frequent trips, I will be bootlegging :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

SeanConnor

Post by SeanConnor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:48 pm

pvr wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 pm
TitanTim wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:22 am How do we stand if you order goods from within the EU in terms of import duty? Will this be changing once were out and have to pay it?

Tim.
That is the cost that the Dutch were talking about, it requires a separate customs handling in the harbour costing millions to set up.

With my frequent trips, I will be bootlegging :lol:
Can I put in an order for some fresh herring and onion ? Might be a bit smelly by the time it arrives but then it is to start with -:) I used to drive my brother in law nuts eating this stuff , he can't stand fish :o
2008 Sport Coupe Automatic with lots of extras.

Now with cruise control and Mediabridge :driving: Gold wheels HAVE BEEN SACKED.

Zeld4

Post by Zeld4 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:51 pm

Well today it looks like that May has clarified that we will not pay the bill unless there is a deal with the EU. Maybe DD and TM really do know what they are doing and all this panic and bluster from everybody else is quite pointless.

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Buckz wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:50 pm
TitanTim wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:48 pm Yes congratulations to all those non the wiser people who voted out, were paying for it now :roll:

Tim.

at least we got our sovereignty back and kicked all those foreigners out :thumbsup:
Ahem, I think there are still plenty of “foreigners” in the UK...and you may end up realising that they will be there for a long time. Moreover, they may well kick all of “those foreigner Brits” out of Portugal, Spain, South of France, Tuscany etc. :P
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 pm

Attilio wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 pm
Ahem, I think there are still plenty of “foreigners” in the UK...and you may end up realising that they will be there for a long time. Moreover, they may well kick all of “those foreigner Brits” out of Portugal, Spain, South of France, Tuscany etc. :P
Oh dear, but I'm sure those of us who still live in the UK aren't going to lose any sleep over that! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 pm
Oh dear, but I'm sure those of us who still live in the UK aren't going to lose any sleep over that! :lol:
:rofl: true!
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 pm

TitanTim wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:48 pm Yes congratulations to all those non the wiser people who voted out, were paying for it now :roll:

Tim.

at least we got our sovereignty back and kicked all those foreigners out :thumbsup:
My comment was sarcastic, I am my self s foreigner, dirty eastern European as a few leave voters would put.

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 am

Buckz wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 pm

My comment was sarcastic, I am my self s foreigner, dirty eastern European as a few leave voters would put.
No harm done or offence taken: I’m a foreigner myself :) in all honesty I think the EU leaders moved too fast: people need(ed) a little more time to “digest” change and “external” influence. I’m sure in the end we will find a good solution and everyone will be on good terms; as long as we can get our favourite cars :thumbsup: