Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heineken BeerTender for US

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
561design

Heineken BeerTender for US

Post by 561design » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:24 pm

Oh yes, something finally worth putting on the kitchen counter.

Beer is the world's oldest alcoholic beverage--people have been drinking it and sleeping with ugly people since 3500 BC, and it's probably why most of us are here--so there's not a lot of innovation going on with the actual beverage. Now Heineken, in an effort to take a bigger slice of North America's US $9 billion beer market, is innovating through packaging.

Their first step was the 4.75 liter mini-keg, which was probably around in Europe since the Dark Ages but which only made it to American shores in January. This fall Heineken bumps the mini-keg up to an even five liters and is currently testing out its BeerTender, another product available in Europe for years but only now coming to the U.S., in Rhode Island.

The idea behind the BeerTender, which is essentially a countertop cappucino machine for beer, is to create more "usage opportunities" for the mini-keg. Whereas most college students have no problem getting rid of a mini-keg in 30 minutes, it will actually keep beer fresh for 30 days, and the Rhode Island trials are aimed at people who aren't trying to get laid at Kappa Gamma Phi; adults can use the BeerTender to have draught beer in the house, one sensible glass at a time.
Charles
flickr

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:10 pm

Looks good, Heineken is a decent beer, I'm partial to the odd one myself.

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:49 am

Would look excellent in my garage or den. :D

unionjack

Post by unionjack » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:23 am

I wish I could get one of those filled with Chimay Grande Reserve. OMFG that would be so awesome.
Alpineweiss / Imolarot | Premium Package | Heated Seats | Navigation | Hardwired V1 | Shorty Antenna | H&R Springs | Black Kidney surrounds