Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Registration Opinions

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Which one

14%
71%
14%

Total votes: 14

Liam-O

Registration Opinions

Post by Liam-O » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:10 pm

The 2nd set is just the top set but with the spacing id like to have.

8 was my original favourite but 6 growing on me. I think I can discount 3. Maybe I need a 2nd car then I can have both?

I was also aware of the strikes system, but I can risk it for a bit, even if I drop the spacing, I'm left with LMAO so I can't lose?
Liam - O

2005 Z4 2.2SE Grey - Sold

:rtfm: HOW TO: Fitting a Z4M Bumper

Psy

Re: Registration Opinions

Post by Psy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:31 pm

The 6 looks good - looks like an @ !

Si
'06 3.0si M-sport Auto
Midnight Blue, Pearl Leather, stubby, flappy paddles, foldy mirrors, OEM brace, defoamed, debadged, forum sticker, and now on Falken 452s!

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Why isnt a plate with your initials an option? I dont like trying to create words with numbers.
Surely there's options with LAO as the last 3 letters.
///M Interlagos. Champagne leather

Liam-O

Registration Opinions

Post by Liam-O » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Initials are just a random assortment of letters, that anyone would see and not recognise.

It's supposed to be readable by people, who could look and see L16M and think, ah that's LIAM just like J4MES is recognisable as JAMES

unfortunately all L14M registrations are gone by all the Liam's in the UK so next best is 16 or 18
Liam - O

marty4

Post by marty4 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Issues with plod would make me worry about the last lot. I get the issue of a fine possible being ok BUT you don't want continual fines, constant sniffing around the car or drawing unwanted attention IMHO.

Just checked DVLA E14MMO (e LIAMMO) £600. Might be worth being a bit more imaginative?

Good luck
2.5i sport, 2008, STUBBY,forum sticker, Bluetooth, multifunction wheel, piano black, cream leather, heated seats, cup holders, cruise.

gookah

Post by gookah » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Z4 Coupe wrote:
Liam-O wrote:Does any anyone have issue with different spacing?
The police?

Three points and a £60 fine.

No points, I should know, been done twice now,

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:48 pm

gookah wrote:
Z4 Coupe wrote:
Liam-O wrote:Does any anyone have issue with different spacing?
The police?

Three points and a £60 fine.

No points, I should know, been done twice now,
I'm actually glad to hear that!! Not that you had a fine, but that the Police do actually care about badly spaced plates. There are so many cars with illegible dodgy plates near where I work in Saaaf London.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Liam-O

Registration Opinions

Post by Liam-O » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:01 pm

I was reading a thread on here the other day with someone who got a fine in the post because of their number plate being captured on anpr, so they now drive with no front plate and haven't had any bother since...
Liam - O

marty4

Post by marty4 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:48 pm

Liam-O wrote:I was reading a thread on here the other day with someone who got a fine in the post because of their number plate being captured on anpr, so they now drive with no front plate and haven't had any bother since...
Liam- I read the same with a chuckle! Machine is fine, bored plod with time to burn is a pain. I always drive 100% legal and safe but just don't want to attract someone with too much time on their hands etc
2.5i sport, 2008, STUBBY,forum sticker, Bluetooth, multifunction wheel, piano black, cream leather, heated seats, cup holders, cruise.

teamemmenracing

Post by teamemmenracing » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:03 am

They all look awfy close to LMAO ...... (Laugh My Ass Off) which Im not sure you would want on a car ...... :D

Maybe change your name to Bill ...... or Steve :thumbsup:
"........it seemed like a good idea at the time yer honour ......"

BMW Z4 - A Big Red One

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:32 am

Liam-O wrote:Initials are just a random assortment of letters, that anyone would see and not recognise.

It's supposed to be readable by people, who could look and see L16M and think, ah that's LIAM just like J4MES is recognisable as JAMES

unfortunately all L14M registrations are gone by all the Liam's in the UK so next best is 16 or 18
No, i just dont get it. Im not having a go at you Liam, just im not keen on these plates at all. For me i just dont see why would you want someone looking at you saying there goes B4RRY or ST33VEE? It kind of makes me cringe. Its not like you see Alan Sugar with AL4N on his car.

Your lucky that you have unsual intials and can get cheap short plates. N3 LOA or something looks very smart imo. Classy and timeless.

The sp311ed out numb3r p14t3s kind of remind me of this sort of nonsense..
It says blood......................Man.
///M Interlagos. Champagne leather

G14RRV

Post by G14RRV » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:55 pm

i say 6 aswell

i have my username as my playes, my name is GARRY > G14RRV

really wanted Y but it was £27k for the plate which is about 55x the price i paid for the other one :poke:

i did see GA12RRY but went straight to auction :(
||2012 Z4 Sdrive20i M Sport||Alpine White||Coral Red Kansas Leather||

Liam-O

Registration Opinions

Post by Liam-O » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Dreamer wrote:
Liam-O wrote:Initials are just a random assortment of letters, that anyone would see and not recognise.

No, i just dont get it. Im not having a go at you Liam, just im not keen on these plates at all. For me i just dont see why would you want someone looking at you saying there goes B4RRY or ST33VEE? It kind of makes me cringe. Its not like you see Alan Sugar with AL4N on his car.

Your lucky that you have unsual intials and can get cheap short plates. N3 LOA or something looks very smart imo. Classy and timeless.

The sp311ed out numb3r p14t3s kind of remind me of this sort of nonsense..
It says blood......................Man.

I didn't take offence, however I am one of those people who looks and says, there goes Barry. I know what you mean, if I could have Z4 LAO then I would, I'm just not a fan of having random letters in there that don't mean anything.

It's all down to personal taste, so I know not everyone will like it. Unfortunately I'm scrapping the barrel with a 6 instead of a 4.
Liam - O

Oakandacorns

Post by Oakandacorns » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 am

No. 5 for me. I prefer the way this looks if you want to get it to read your name with A surname. Any poss??
Oakandacorns
Former: 2.5 (04), Ellipsoid alloys, Heated seats, RFT, OEM Wind Deflector
Love it

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Registration Opinions

Post by Adamski » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 am

L14 MAO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster