Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Portland Historics Races

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
AlanL

Portland Historics Races

Post by AlanL » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:36 am

I spent my whole last weekend at the Historics Races in Portland and had a lot of fun watching the vintage stuff get hauled out on the track to play. A little disappointing in that Porsche was the only marque with any serious representation for Germany in the races.

We did have a BMW coral with lots of interesting cars to check out including 2 Z8s (one was an Alpina). Sad to say I didn't get any pictures of those because there was always a crowd around them obscuring my shots.

Event Photo collection

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:41 am

Very cool :thumbsup:
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:32 pm

You got some good shots there. :thumbsup:

zednik

Post by zednik » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:05 pm

Alan,
Thanks for a great set of photos. My favorites were the Lola T70 coupes, the yellow one and the other in the Team Surtees livery of red with the white arrow stripe. My sentimental favorite was the black Sunbeam Tiger.......I used to own one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AlanL

Post by AlanL » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:17 pm

The Tiger was my dream car when it first came out in the mid 60's. I was driving a '55 Tbird at the time but would have willingly sacrificed treasured body parts for one of the Tigers.

I was ecstatic to see them out on the track and they were running away from a lot of the cars in their class. The one exception was an original 427 AC Cobra.

Sadly none of my shots of the Cobra out on the track came out - all of the moving shots of that car were blurred and joined a rather large collection of photo rejects from the pan and shoot efforts.

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s