Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Russia!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Russia!

Post by TitanTim » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Should Europe call Putins bluff or ignore the problem?

I said a while back we should have sent Nato into Ukraine some months back at at time when it was all talk of sanctions.

I don't think Putin will back down simply down to Sanctions. Russia is still denying any involvement yet talked yesterday of its nuclear prowess and for the west to be beware.

If the West was to face Russia with force would they back down? They have before.

Tim.

bigdog

Re: Russia!

Post by bigdog » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:11 pm

I don't think the Ukraine issue is nearly as troublesome for the west (mostly sabre rattling) I don't think Putin would go much beyond eastern Ukraine.

The bigger issue for the west is from within, as our youth in the west have seemingly fallen in love with fanatical Islam. Of course we are now going to pay the piper for having thought we could let them come in and think that they would assimilate like every other group of immigrants before them. Being tolerant of an intolerant ideology almost never creates tolerance from the intolerant.
Just look at the fella that killed Foley. The killers father (a radical Islamist) was granted asylum by Britain in 1991. Asylum from what, I have no idea. Doesn't seem that much was happening in Egypt at that time. I guess Britain just wanted to be nice to this Islamist. And of course within months he joined al qaeda in London & was involved in the US African embassy bombing just 7 years later. As we have found out, The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. It may sound politically incorrect, But countries have borders for a reason. We should be mindful of whom crosses them.
"Car Lovers drive Lotus Elises or Zeds, Psychopaths drive Se7ens."

Geezah

Post by Geezah » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 pm

TitanTim wrote:Should Europe call Putins bluff or ignore the problem?

I said a while back we should have sent Nato into Ukraine some months back at at time when it was all talk of sanctions.

I don't think Putin will back down simply down to Sanctions. Russia is still denying any involvement yet talked yesterday of its nuclear prowess and for the west to be beware.

If the West was to face Russia with force would they back down? They have before.

Tim.
Nah Tim, those Russian troops in Ukraine are just there on holiday/leave! That's what Putin told us anyway. Besides, we in Scotland will have nothing to fear after September 18th as we will be a nuclear free zone! That's what Wee 'eck has told us anyway. FFS! :headbang: So, you English can take your nuclear weapons and bugger off!........until we get nuclear attacked and then, can you bring them back and save us please? ...pretty please?
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

wegras

Post by wegras » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:11 pm

US should just shut down the Russian Banks access to Mastercard and Visa better than any nuclear strike :rofl:
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family

T2FFN

Post by T2FFN » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Buying the propaganda again tim? So where was all of this evidence the russians shot down that airliner everyone was so convinced of? Any evidence of anything? The west however are plainly funding, supporting and backing a coup gov that are killing civilians and screwing their country up.
3.0i

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:55 pm

T2FFN wrote:Buying the propaganda again tim? So where was all of this evidence the russians shot down that airliner everyone was so convinced of? Any evidence of anything? The west however are plainly funding, supporting and backing a coup gov that are killing civilians and screwing their country up.
Europe beware before it's too late. There's little people know about Putin.

Tim.

sniffer

Post by sniffer » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:17 pm

bigdog wrote: countries have borders for a reason. We should be mindful of whom crosses them.
Absolutely.

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:32 am

Agreed with bigdog about the Islamic threat, scares the sh1t out of me. I worked for 2 years in in Libya some time ago, and while the locals are very friendly and polite there is an underlying manic devotion to Allah which overrides everything. That also goes for every other Muslim state I have visited.

Coupled with the fact that we have loads of Islamic fanatics already living here, no wonder the UK has raised the threat alert level.

Everyone, be very very alert and vigilant.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

MigsAngel

Post by MigsAngel » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:56 am

dr_john wrote:Agreed with bigdog about the Islamic threat, scares the sh1t out of me. I worked for 2 years in in Libya some time ago, and while the locals are very friendly and polite there is an underlying manic devotion to Allah which overrides everything. That also goes for every other Muslim state I have visited.

Coupled with the fact that we have loads of Islamic fanatics already living here, no wonder the UK has raised the threat alert level.

Sounds like the US South full of friendly polite manically devoted Christians that believe the hatred and BS that their preachers tell them.....and they almost all have guns.....

Fundamentalism is not an exclusively Arab thing....
Cheers
MigsAngel

MigsAngel

Post by MigsAngel » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:03 am

wegras wrote:US should just shut down the Russian Banks access to Mastercard and Visa better than any nuclear strike :rofl:
And Russia just has to cut off Gas supplies to the rest Europe in the coming months..... :o
Cheers
MigsAngel

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:47 am

MigsAngel wrote:
wegras wrote:US should just shut down the Russian Banks access to Mastercard and Visa better than any nuclear strike :rofl:
And Russia just has to cut off Gas supplies to the rest Europe in the coming months..... :o
That's ok we have Fracking!

Tim.

swanicyouth

Post by swanicyouth » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:14 pm

The US shouldn't have to police the world. Let them work it out for themselves. People always expect the USA to get involved in their battles...

We already won our battle in 1776.

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Don't forget 180k people have fled TO Russia, theres more
to the story than simple Red vs Blue, however it riles me that the US is avoiding their usual intervention ideas as russia has some economic(/space station) bargaining power.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

bigdog

Post by bigdog » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:02 am

MigsAngel wrote:
dr_john wrote:Agreed with bigdog about the Islamic threat, scares the sh1t out of me. I worked for 2 years in in Libya some time ago, and while the locals are very friendly and polite there is an underlying manic devotion to Allah which overrides everything. That also goes for every other Muslim state I have visited.

Sounds like the US South full of friendly polite manically devoted Christians that believe the hatred and BS that their preachers tell them.....and they almost all have guns.....

With one big difference you have (purposely?) left out. And that is this. As irritating as a Christian fundamentalist can be. They tend not to very often be predisposed to blowing them selves up like Islamists Or putting a sword to your throat and demanding that you embrace the peacefulness of Islam. or die.
"Car Lovers drive Lotus Elises or Zeds, Psychopaths drive Se7ens."

MigsAngel

Post by MigsAngel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 am

bigdog wrote:
MigsAngel wrote:

With one big difference you have (purposely?) left out. And that is this. As irritating as a Christian fundamentalist can be. They tend not to very often be predisposed to blowing them selves up like Islamists Or putting a sword to your throat and demanding that you embrace the peacefulness of Islam. or die.
But It wasn't that long ago that Christians were killing those that did not convert to their way of thinking and believing.....so perhaps in time the Islamic fundamentalist will catch up with the more sensible current Christian way of thinking....assuming the Christian nutters dont start killing in the name of God like in the old days....
Cheers
MigsAngel