Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nuisance call with a difference

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Nuisance call with a difference

Post by dr_john » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:19 am

Had a call on the BT landline today from a guy asking to talk to my wife, about some nonsense regarding hearing damage due to working in noisy environments. Told him politely to get lost. Obvious scam.

About 30 minutes later my mobile rang, sounded like the same guy, with the same story. I remained reasonably cool, but asked him to stop calling us. I did call him an idiot, which in retrospect I think was rather restrained in the circumstances.

This is the chilling bit. He called me back some 30 seconds later, told me (correctly) the first line of my address, and said he would be round to talk about it, in a very aggressive way.

I don't think for a moment that anything will happen, but I'm angry and want to nail the b4stard, Its the same phone number for all the calls,

I feel like reporting this to the police, any views?
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

oli445

Re: Nuisance call with a difference

Post by oli445 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:11 am

Arrange a good time for him to "come round"!

Or report it to the regulator Ofcom. Some company has sold your address and number, that's why he knows where you live and he must be p1ssed off that he has a crap job and decided it was your fault!

Annoying :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

mad4slalom

Post by mad4slalom » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:18 am

very frustrating , always late pm for me when they start, had another one yesterday he says my computer is sending out viral messages to microsoft or something , i said i was glad he had phoned as my laptop was making strange noises, then i took the phone to the piano and just repettitively hit the lowest bass note until he got fed up and went away. :rofl:

GingerNinja

Post by GingerNinja » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 am

If he threatened you, I would definitely report it. How many others is he doing this too?

If it was a mobile number try searching for it on Facebook,

Might sound odd but I had a problem a few months ago, I have a comedy answer phone message (odd sense of humour) normally I get the odd giggle or comment and that's it, but one scumbag decided it would by a great laugh to ring my phone with his mates every Friday night to listen to it (think middle of the night)

Anyway the prat used a mobile number he'd logged on Facebook, so I now have all his personal details, the worried tone in his voice when I called him by his first name the next time he rang was priceless, I wasn't rude, just politely suggested that he might not want to call again as I would take he details to both the police and the call centre he was working at.

Good luck with your issue, hopefully no more will come of it.
Never take life too seriously, nobody ever gets out alive!
2007 3.0si Roadster, Stratus Grey, Dream Red Leather, 18" mv2's in Anthracite & a huge stupid grin :-P

Mister T

Post by Mister T » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:28 am

Easiest thing to do is speak to the police and report him for threatening you.

You should only need to give the phone number and time of call.

Yorkie Z

Post by Yorkie Z » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:37 am

Dr_john's last post was at 1.19am........I'm guessing he has been murdered already.!!! :o :o :o
A Dirty M///

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:47 am

Yorkie Z wrote:Dr_john's last post was at 1.19am........I'm guessing he has been murdered already.!!! :o :o :o
No, I'm still here ! :D

I have the number, it's an 020 London landline. I've Googled it, there are a number of complaints about it already, although nobody else seems to have been threatened.

GreyZed

Post by GreyZed » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:05 pm

I get these calls sometimes about hearing damage I just say I've worked in a library my whole life. They ring off fairly sharpish.
3.0 auto, sterling grey, hardtop, prfessional nav, dsp, digital tv, bluetooth, cruise, xenons, mfsw, cupholders, auto lights, auto wipers, folding mirrors, memory seats, wind deflector, pdc, 108s, LED sides/fogs, stubby, intravee, need a quad exhaust!

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:08 pm

I think I would just keep saying "speak up I can't hear you" :rofl:

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:20 pm

They called me again this morning (Sunday), not the same guy and no threats this time! Taz, I used your 'speak up' approach but the guy failed to react to it :D

This prompted me to call the local plod, who were very concerned and are coming round to see me on Tuesday morning.

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:52 am

Out of interest, I recently bought a Truecall machine. Plugs in between wall socket and phone is like a silent receptionist. Works really well not had a problem call since installed, but alas, its not for mobiles.

Hope the police take it seriously.
One Carbon Black Z4 3.0 si Roadster plus one mid-life crisis = Good times ahead!