Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
David-H

Post by David-H » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Yes, congrats to Nico as he did what he had to do - will he win another? I doubt it somehow. :lol:
Being as he has announced that he's retiring with immediate effect, then there's no doubt about it - he won't!!
BMW Z4 3.0i auto ¦ Titanium Silver
107's : Drexler LSD
BMW M6 Gran Coupe ¦ Black Sapphire Metallic
DCT box with competition pack
Audi R8 4.2 Quattro¦ Grey metallic
6-speed manual :driving:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:29 pm

DLH wrote:
Mr Tidy wrote: Yes, congrats to Nico as he did what he had to do - will he win another? I doubt it somehow. :lol:
Being as he has announced that he's retiring with immediate effect, then there's no doubt about it - he won't!!
:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Less worried about him than yesterday.

Well until Alonso announces his move to Mercedes. :evil:

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:42 pm

buzyg wrote:
DLH wrote:
:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Less worried about him than yesterday.

Well until Alonso announces his move to Mercedes. :evil:
It also seems to me highly likely that Mercedes had a good idea of his intentions assuming he finished 3rd or better. Also explains Merc taking their time to consider Lewis's position re any action
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

ekimj10

Post by ekimj10 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Cj10jeeper has got it spot on! I was surprised at the announcement today though.
Funny old sport!
2.2R Toledo Blue

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:01 am

DLH wrote:
But he hadn't retired then had he - or did I miss something? Proper also-ran who had a good year this time (unlike 2014 or 2015) :rofl:

Last chance saloon!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Conspiracy theorists (Like me) may believe that Mercedes already knew about it months ago and the world title was a leaving present.

Vettel leaving Ferrari or Jenson being persuaded to have one more year until they can sign up a longer term replacement perhaps?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

ekimj10

Post by ekimj10 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:37 am

Conspiracy theorists (Like me) may believe that Mercedes already knew about it months ago and the world title was a leaving present.
An interesting devious thought :evil: but entirely possible given what's happened this season!
2.2R Toledo Blue

exdos

Post by exdos » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:59 am

Or, since Mercedes have had such a superior car, they wanted to share the WDC titles between the two drivers as a sort of reward, especially since Rosberg had been with them from the start, and so they pulled all the stunts against Lewis throughout the season in order to handicap Lewis, which really pi22ed him off in the process. Then, when Rosberg won the WDC and the charge of anarchy was made by Toto, Lewis gave Toto the ultimatum: "It's either him or me that's leaving", and so Toto has had to push Rosberg out, because Toto knows full well that Lewis is THE best by far, and Rosberg is obviously relieved to be going because he simply can't cut it with Lewis.

I've read elsewhere that when the announcement was made at the Merc factory most of the workforce were not impressed with Rosberg's decision, presumably because they have witnessed the favouritism shown to Rosberg, so have been encouraged to back the wrong driver in the WDC.

Likewise, if Toto knew all along that Rosberg would quit, after he'd conspired to gift him the WDC at Lewis' expense, then Toto has provably conned everyone in the Merc team and all F1 fans.

Either way, Toto is a sh1t and it's enlightening to know that Ross Brawn left because he thought both Toto and Lauda were untrustworthy.

Sae

Post by Sae » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Havent read many biographies of sports folk, however, will be interesting to read ham and ros memiors in about 20yrs time ;)
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:33 pm

exdos wrote:Or, since Mercedes have had such a superior car, they wanted to share the WDC titles between the two drivers as a sort of reward, especially since Rosberg had been with them from the start, and so they pulled all the stunts against Lewis throughout the season in order to handicap Lewis, which really pi22ed him off in the process. Then, when Rosberg won the WDC and the charge of anarchy was made by Toto, Lewis gave Toto the ultimatum: "It's either him or me that's leaving", and so Toto has had to push Rosberg out, because Toto knows full well that Lewis is THE best by far, and Rosberg is obviously relieved to be going because he simply can't cut it with Lewis.

I've read elsewhere that when the announcement was made at the Merc factory most of the workforce were not impressed with Rosberg's decision, presumably because they have witnessed the favouritism shown to Rosberg, so have been encouraged to back the wrong driver in the WDC.

Likewise, if Toto knew all along that Rosberg would quit, after he'd conspired to gift him the WDC at Lewis' expense, then Toto has provably conned everyone in the Merc team and all F1 fans.

Either way, Toto is a sh1t and it's enlightening to know that Ross Brawn left because he thought both Toto and Lauda were untrustworthy.
Fantastic conspiracy theory OP. :thumbsup:

Thinking about it, there is so much telemetry they can probably make a car expire if they choose to (in Malaysia even)!

Now I wonder if maybe even Lewis was in on it. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:21 am

So any one still worried. :D :thumbsup: :driving:

slick

Post by slick » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:04 am

buzyg wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:21 am So any one still worried. :D :thumbsup: :driving:
Yes ,me ..........Wheres the lad going to put all those trophys :D
E85 2.5 sterling grey
E89 3.0 se
Porsche 987 Boxster 3.4S
E89 3.5i
TVR Chimerea 4 litres of rolling thunder
Corvette C6 a moment of insanity
E89 3.0i

Post by sticky » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:13 am

He has the talent and the car but he has been extremely lucky this year because of Vettel"s screw ups, and last year he came 2nd in a 2 horse race, he should get over himself and use his talents full time on the track instead of bling bling rap, then he would streak ahead

Steely

Post by Steely » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Well done to Lewis, he has done it his way again, and deserves the title.
Regarding the original post, WTF! he has lots of fans all over the world, has interests outside motoracing that he will no doubt turn to after title no.5. Last thing we need is another ex-driver in TV, he is better than that.
I met him when he was with McLaren and thought he was a nice chap, was ambitious, you could tell he was pationate, maybe he lost a bit of that along the way, but no doubt he is still the star of the show.
— 07 BMW Z4M Coupe — 76 BMW 2002 — 75 ALFA GT Junior — 84 AUDI Coupe — 93 SAAB 900c —

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:41 pm

sticky wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:13 am He has the talent and the car but he has been extremely lucky this year because of Vettel"s screw ups, and last year he came 2nd in a 2 horse race, he should get over himself and use his talents full time on the track instead of bling bling rap, then he would streak ahead
If the Gods of good fortune had shined equally last year he would likely have won. :wink: He's a young guy with a huge amount of responsibility on his shoulders. I personalty hate the bling, but if he wants to enjoy it, then that is just a little bit of him him, amongst all the other stuff, that he must present to us folk out there watching on.