Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Online
User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5778
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by ben g » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:40 pm

sticky wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:13 am
He has the talent and the car but he has been extremely lucky this year because of Vettel"s screw ups, and last year he came 2nd in a 2 horse race, he should get over himself and use his talents full time on the track instead of bling bling rap, then he would streak ahead
He came 2nd last year due to his engine blowing up in Malaysia, hardly his fault :lol:

I love the casual fans. They're so thick, it's unreal.

4xWDC, suck it up, losers.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Quad clear spot rear lights, Sport MFSW, ZHP, Gaptech RCH, Strut Brace.

User avatar
Nanu
Member
Member
Posts: 856
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:47 pm
Location: Sunderland

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by Nanu » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:51 pm

I think if I had all his cash I would be adding a bit more bling to my life. No doubt so would Mrs Nanu :roll:
Image
35is Valencia Orange - Black/Orange Alcantara & leather interior and full set of toys
Previous
E89 25i White
E89 28i Crimson

User avatar
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4188
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 12:12 am
Location: Ifold, West Sussex

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by RickRob » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 pm

I spend so much time worrying about Lewis. - NOT.

4 times world champion doing something that most men dream of, multi-millionaire who seems happy with his lot nowadays.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

User avatar
stevo///m3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am
X-Box live gamer tag: therealcrab
Location: Leeds - you know where it is

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by stevo///m3 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm

He does have the minor temporary headache of a £3m+ tax dodge on his plane at the mo, however, according to the Beeb...much as I’m a Lewis fan (now, but not when he first came into F1), he does need to address this, even if it does just mean suing his advisers and donate the damages to a charity...
Stevo
'07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
OEMs 19"s-Eagle F1s-Eibachs
Eventuri air-BCS Powervalve back boxes-strut brace-Turner RTABs-Vibratechnics engine mounts-Beisan-tinkered VANOS
42k miles currently
Previous E36 Evo Vert

User avatar
Sae
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by Sae » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:16 am

stevo///m3 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm
He does have the minor temporary headache of a £3m+ tax dodge on his plane at the mo, however, according to the Beeb...much as I’m a Lewis fan (now, but not when he first came into F1), he does need to address this, even if it does just mean suing his advisers and donate the damages to a charity...
Stevo
Tax dodge or VAT dodge, either way im sure he can manage :)
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

Online
User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5778
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by ben g » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am

stevo///m3 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm
He does have the minor temporary headache of a £3m+ tax dodge on his plane at the mo, however, according to the Beeb...much as I’m a Lewis fan (now, but not when he first came into F1), he does need to address this, even if it does just mean suing his advisers and donate the damages to a charity...
Stevo
I'm sure he'll manage fine 😂 he has his fingers in all sorts of pies.

All these tax dodges are usually the fault of the accountant/advisors anyway, so you cn hardly blame the guy for doing it.

We'd all be doing the same if we could get away with it...
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Quad clear spot rear lights, Sport MFSW, ZHP, Gaptech RCH, Strut Brace.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3981
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by john-e89 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 am

ben g wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am
stevo///m3 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm
He does have the minor temporary headache of a £3m+ tax dodge on his plane at the mo, however, according to the Beeb...much as I’m a Lewis fan (now, but not when he first came into F1), he does need to address this, even if it does just mean suing his advisers and donate the damages to a charity...
Stevo
I'm sure he'll manage fine 😂 he has his fingers in all sorts of pies.

All these tax dodges are usually the fault of the accountant/advisors anyway, so you cn hardly blame the guy for doing it.

We'd all be doing the same if we could get away with it...
:rofl: :rofl:

Ring ring....”Hello, dodgy dealings for you speaking”

“Yo bro, where’s my money man”

“Ah sorry, can’t tell you that Lewis”

“Why not man”?

“I just can’t son, ok”

“Oh ok, that’s fine, I’m happy with that”

Crackle crackle....“Hello, is that Mr dodgy”?

“Excuse me Lewis one moment we seem to have a crossed line...oh hello Apple, how’s tricks”?

“Oh fine thanks, where’s our money”?

“Ah sorry Apple, I can’t tell you that”

“Why not”?

“Just can’t Ok”

“Oh ok, that’s fine”

“Hey man, that’s what the man said to me to man..”

“Oh Hello Mr Hamilton, yes, oh well, doesn’t matter does it, I’m sure it’s all ok, who needs to know where our huge profits sit anyway, this guy sounds very fair doesn’t he”

“Sure thing man, if he says it’s cool, it’s cool. Well I’m jetting off on hols in my big red plane, hopefully this guy will give me some pocket money for sweets”

“Enjoy Lewis, congrats on 4 titles, I’m sure we can hook up at some point and give you cart loads of money to show off our phones”

“Cool man, just give this guy....whoever he is, the money, he’ll deal with it, as he says, we don’t need to know do we”

“Oi ya set ‘o bastrds...give allllll yer fookin money to Africa ya capitalist feckers...dig fookin deep yer rich pair ‘o shites...how fookin dare ya keep all dis money and there be starving feckers in Africa ya bastards.....oi you there..man...where’s all my fookin money ya fecker”?

“Ah mr Geldoff...don’t worry, it’s all safe along with Bono’s”

“Der fook you doin’ with it anyways ya fecker”?

“Ah have no worry Sir Bob, just leave it with us ok”

“To be sure dats foine...I don’t need to feckin know shite anyways...hey Lewis...feck off, yer shite, yer man mad Max will kick yer arse yer fecker...ba bye nooo”



Nope...none of them know anything....
2015 E89 35is. Sapphire black on 296's, coral red, nav, cruise, pro wireless, comfort pack and toasty steering wheel.
Previous:
Z4M roady
E85 3.0 si,
E85 3.0SE
No 5 has landed...2nd ///Mental angry roller skate...

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10243
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by buzyg » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 am

Well for sure if I had his pennis in the bank, I too would try to give as little as possible back to he tax man. If there is a legal loop whole, then your daft not to take advantage of it. The government are no more likely to spend it wisely that Lewis. :wink:
Image

User avatar
maxman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:34 pm
Location: Wrexham

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by maxman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:08 am

buzyg wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 am
Well for sure if I had his pennis in the bank, I too would try to give as little as possible back to he tax man. If there is a legal loop whole, then your daft not to take advantage of it. The government are no more likely to spend it wisely that Lewis. :wink:
That's his knighthood gone down the plug hole ,he's no better than a benefit cheat in that respect in claiming money that does not belong to him. :x
2005 3.0I Toledo Blue ,Aeroskirts,Gaptech,Z4M wheels Goodyear F1 ,ZHP,M steering wheel,M front bumper.M Seats
Image

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10243
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by buzyg » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:20 am

maxman wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:08 am
buzyg wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 am
Well for sure if I had his pennis in the bank, I too would try to give as little as possible back to he tax man. If there is a legal loop whole, then your daft not to take advantage of it. The government are no more likely to spend it wisely that Lewis. :wink:
That's his knighthood gone down the plug hole ,he's no better than a benefit cheat in that respect in claiming money that does not belong to him. :x
If it's legal ,Then it's legal. Close the loop holes and stop digging for stories. Simples.
Image

User avatar
pvr
Legend
Legend
Posts: 22161
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: South East UK

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by pvr » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 am

My understanding is that the issue is with the % claim rather than the whole amount. From a reporting point of view it sounds better to state £3.3 million in VAT, whilst it reads to me that the only disagreement is with the 85% business / 15% private use split. No idea what the private use really is, but if that is 30% then the VAT advantage is just a percentage of the 3.3 million.

It is the same with any business asset where there is an agreement on the % private use.
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5 40d - full fat comfort
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Jeep
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)

User avatar
Vornwend
Member
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by Vornwend » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 am

Calling a spade a spade, I think its just another example of greed. These people have access to very expensive advice that Joe public doesn't and they take full advantage of it. Regardless of what the law says, I and millions of others expect these people to act with integrity which the majority seem unable to do. Here's a test : lets suppose every taxpayer decided to take advantage of these loopholes. The impact on the total tax take would be totally devastating and the loophole would have to be closed. Why then should these select few be immune? Given that the majority of folk will choose to avoid tax if they can the primary fault lies with those who make the rules and turn a blind eye to these practices.
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

User avatar
85genius
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1778
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by 85genius » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:04 pm

pvr wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 am
My understanding is that the issue is with the % claim rather than the whole amount. From a reporting point of view it sounds better to state £3.3 million in VAT, whilst it reads to me that the only disagreement is with the 85% business / 15% private use split. No idea what the private use really is, but if that is 30% then the VAT advantage is just a percentage of the 3.3 million.

It is the same with any business asset where there is an agreement on the % private use.
My thought on the matter (having read none of the specifics) and I guess what the accountant was basing the split on, is that with Lewis' level of celebrity almost all of his travel is going to be business related, even if not for his "day job" his "fun" trips are still "work" in his role as brand ambassadors or representation for his other sponsors.

Basically any time there could be a camera pointed at him he is working
Current- Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster - Lots of toys
Image
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Online
User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5778
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by ben g » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:36 pm

maxman wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:08 am
buzyg wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 am
Well for sure if I had his pennis in the bank, I too would try to give as little as possible back to he tax man. If there is a legal loop whole, then your daft not to take advantage of it. The government are no more likely to spend it wisely that Lewis. :wink:
That's his knighthood gone down the plug hole ,he's no better than a benefit cheat in that respect in claiming money that does not belong to him. :x
Jesus christ. You're so bitter, it's unreal :lol:

As said above, it's just a loop hole used by many to avoid taxes.

If you own a business, you're going to put as much through that business as possible to save some money. It's common sense.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Quad clear spot rear lights, Sport MFSW, ZHP, Gaptech RCH, Strut Brace.

User avatar
pvr
Legend
Legend
Posts: 22161
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: South East UK

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Post by pvr » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:53 pm

ben g wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:36 pm
maxman wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:08 am
buzyg wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 am
Well for sure if I had his pennis in the bank, I too would try to give as little as possible back to he tax man. If there is a legal loop whole, then your daft not to take advantage of it. The government are no more likely to spend it wisely that Lewis. :wink:
That's his knighthood gone down the plug hole ,he's no better than a benefit cheat in that respect in claiming money that does not belong to him. :x
Jesus christ. You're so bitter, it's unreal :lol:

As said above, it's just a loop hole used by many to avoid taxes.

If you own a business, you're going to put as much through that business as possible to save some money. It's common sense.
Also, a benefit cheat takes money from a defined pot that he has not earned and was never his in the first place. In this case, Hamilton just does not give as much money to the state - but it was his money in the first place anyway.
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5 40d - full fat comfort
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Jeep
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GuidoK and 19 guests