Lets see your Watches

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
User avatar
Jollyjoiner
Member
Member
Posts: 697
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:32 am
Location: Chesterfield

Lets see your Watches

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:45 am

TitanTim wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:16 am
Jollyjoiner wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:24 pm
I've ordered one of these beauties, a Junghans 1972, just waiting for it to arrive at the shop so I can call and collect it

Image
Likeing that, am I right in thinking it a solar quartz? or is there any mechanical workings?

Tim.
Yes Tim it's solar.
I was looking for an Automatic watch until these one caught my eye. :thumbsup:

User avatar
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6182
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Lets see your Watches

Post by TitanTim » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks for the replies, I didn't want to look too hard as I've already just bought a watch :roll:

Tim.
Image

User avatar
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Merseyside

Lets see your Watches

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:03 am

Ducklakeview wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:43 pm
Ok,

So the Sea Urchin landed today...

I LIKE it, nice and solid feeling, and sits well on my wrist...

20171016_201019.jpg20171016_201042.jpg20171016_201102.jpg20171016_202048.jpg20171016_202121.jpg

Little bargain IMHO!

Mike
Thought it worthy of a little update on this, had it on my wrist for just over a month now...

And I love it! I'm not precious at all about it, and haven't even bothered taking it off working on cars, even doing a clutch job the other week. It still looks like new and amazingly over 32 days it has been remarkably accurate. Just checked it against time.is and it's gained about 17 seconds!

Minus points? If has a non hacking movement which makes setting it to the second a bit awkward, and you can't manually wind it, but other than that, for £137 delivered including import taxes, it's an absolute bargain!

The hunt for a planet ocean however, is still ongoing...

Mike

User avatar
MrPT
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: London, innit

Lets see your Watches

Post by MrPT » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:26 am

I have also gone for a cheap and cheerful option! Really wanted an automatic to wear daily and to not give too much of a sh!t about, and became fascinated by how much Invicta have split the enthusiast/horologist community. The brand heritage is a bit cringeworthy and the flagship model is an unashamed Submariner homage, but at £80 for this Pro Diver - wow. The movement is decent - a Seiko NH35A that is hacking, hand windable and nicely presented - and apart from a slightly cheap feeling clasp and stiff bezel, the overall quality seems great.
IMAG5267.jpg
IMAG5267.jpg (117.91 KiB) Viewed 227 times
IMAG5280.jpg
IMAG5280.jpg (131.35 KiB) Viewed 227 times
IMAG5287.jpg
IMAG5287.jpg (115.23 KiB) Viewed 227 times
No idea how reliable it will be, but there's a decent warranty and, for the money, who cares? I really can see myself as someone who might invest in a nicer automatic watch in the future, but not yet. :)
Image
Z4MC: SG/Imola|CSLs|KWv3|Eventuri|OEM strut brace|Vagbremtechnic front BBK
Z4 2.5si: gone

User avatar
enzed4
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:23 am
Location: New Zealand

Lets see your Watches

Post by enzed4 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am

MrPT wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:26 am
I have also gone for a cheap and cheerful option! Really wanted an automatic to wear daily and to not give too much of a sh!t about, and became fascinated by how much Invicta have split the enthusiast/horologist community. The brand heritage is a bit cringeworthy and the flagship model is an unashamed Submariner homage, but at £80 for this Pro Diver - wow. The movement is decent - a Seiko NH35A that is hacking, hand windable and nicely presented - and apart from a slightly cheap feeling clasp and stiff bezel, the overall quality seems great.
No idea how reliable it will be, but there's a decent warranty and, for the money, who cares? I really can see myself as someone who might invest in a nicer automatic watch in the future, but not yet. :)
MrPT, I think the biggest problem has been with Invicta being caught lying on more than one occasion (I can only think of the MOP dials that weren't, off the top of my head), and the poor after sales service.
However, I have also seen plenty of posts from people who love them and have had no problems, so I guess you roll the dice and take your chances... :?
Image
2008 CarbonBlack 2.5Si Sport

User avatar
MrPT
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: London, innit

Lets see your Watches

Post by MrPT » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 pm

enzed4 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am
MrPT, I think the biggest problem has been with Invicta being caught lying on more than one occasion (I can only think of the MOP dials that weren't, off the top of my head), and the poor after sales service.
However, I have also seen plenty of posts from people who love them and have had no problems, so I guess you roll the dice and take your chances... :?
Interesting, yeah I can totally see how they've gotten their reputation. I thought they were a total joke initially - millions of variants on Amazon, some of which are genuinely hideous, all with list prices of £200-300 but always heavily discounted. Then I read a few community reviews and there was nearly always a theme of bring pleasantly surprised. They are actually quite a weird blend of marketing sell-out and mechanical competence. Would be nice to see them carve out their own style and consolidate their range in the future.

I have a few nice quartz watches so this might be a bit of a stepping stone for me. Just still blown away by you guys driving around in a £10k lump of metal with a £5k lump of metal on your wrist. :o
Image
Z4MC: SG/Imola|CSLs|KWv3|Eventuri|OEM strut brace|Vagbremtechnic front BBK
Z4 2.5si: gone

sticky
Member
Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Worthing

Lets see your Watches

Post by sticky » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 pm

MrPT wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 pm
enzed4 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am
MrPT, I think the biggest problem has been with Invicta being caught lying on more than one occasion (I can only think of the MOP dials that weren't, off the top of my head), and the poor after sales service.
However, I have also seen plenty of posts from people who love them and have had no problems, so I guess you roll the dice and take your chances... :?
Interesting, yeah I can totally see how they've gotten their reputation. I thought they were a total joke initially - millions of variants on Amazon, some of which are genuinely hideous, all with list prices of £200-300 but always heavily discounted. Then I read a few community reviews and there was nearly always a theme of bring pleasantly surprised. They are actually quite a weird blend of marketing sell-out and mechanical competence. Would be nice to see them carve out their own style and consolidate their range in the future.

I have a few nice quartz watches so this might be a bit of a stepping stone for me. Just still blown away by you guys driving around in a £10k lump of metal with a £5k lump of metal on your wrist. :o

More like £4250 for the car and £5500 for the Seadweller, the watch value can go up but the Z not so much :(
03, 3.0 i . Gaptech, roof motor new/re-located

User avatar
MrPT
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: London, innit

Lets see your Watches

Post by MrPT » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 pm

sticky wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 pm
More like £4250 for the car and £5500 for the Seadweller, the watch value can go up but the Z not so much :(
See, this is where you tell me to get a proper watch and don’t look back, and I say “get an M - it’s £10k more but better than money in the bank”.

Love a bit of man maths... :rofl:
Image
Z4MC: SG/Imola|CSLs|KWv3|Eventuri|OEM strut brace|Vagbremtechnic front BBK
Z4 2.5si: gone

sticky
Member
Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Worthing

Lets see your Watches

Post by sticky » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:25 pm

MrPT wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 pm
sticky wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 pm
More like £4250 for the car and £5500 for the Seadweller, the watch value can go up but the Z not so much :(
See, this is where you tell me to get a proper watch and don’t look back, and I say “get an M - it’s £10k more but better than money in the bank”.

Love a bit of man maths... :rofl:
Money in the bank ????? you got a sugar momma paying the bills ????
03, 3.0 i . Gaptech, roof motor new/re-located

User avatar
MrPT
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: London, innit

Lets see your Watches

Post by MrPT » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:29 pm

sticky wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:25 pm
MrPT wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 pm
sticky wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 pm
More like £4250 for the car and £5500 for the Seadweller, the watch value can go up but the Z not so much :(
See, this is where you tell me to get a proper watch and don’t look back, and I say “get an M - it’s £10k more but better than money in the bank”.

Love a bit of man maths... :rofl:
Money in the bank ????? you got a sugar momma paying the bills ????
The M is a legacy from my pre-marital, pre-joint account days. I’m stuck with it. :driving:
Image
Z4MC: SG/Imola|CSLs|KWv3|Eventuri|OEM strut brace|Vagbremtechnic front BBK
Z4 2.5si: gone

Hilly30si
Member
Member
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 pm
Location: By the M6 Toll Rd Staffordshire

Lets see your Watches

Post by Hilly30si » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:25 am

Rolex Stainless Steel models are a lot better then money in the bank,the way their value is increasing through Rolex controlling how many new models they supply to the ADs
My Cars

5 Series 2.0 d SE Touring Black Shaphire Metalic
17 Golf GT 1.6 tdi in Tornado Red

User avatar
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6182
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Lets see your Watches

Post by TitanTim » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:53 am

Quick wristy shot of my Autodromo Monoposto Azzure :)

Image

Tim.
Image

sticky
Member
Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Worthing

Lets see your Watches

Post by sticky » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:02 pm

And now Christopher Ward using this as "inspiration" for their latest. I lost the bezel in transit so if anyone has a spare ??? Details on the website
Attachments
20171119_113341 (1).jpg
20171119_113341 (1).jpg (89.46 KiB) Viewed 119 times
20171119_113341.jpg
20171119_113341.jpg (88.88 KiB) Viewed 124 times
03, 3.0 i . Gaptech, roof motor new/re-located

User avatar
StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3966
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Lets see your Watches

Post by StevenH72 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:29 pm

StevenH72 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 pm
Took delivery yesterday of my LE Ball for BMW Chronograph Chronometer. Order placed back in October. Apparently these go on general sale at the end of this month.

~22 / 1000

Image

Image

Image

Any other Ball for BMW owners on here?

The non-LE chronograph Chronometer is currently for sale for £4,140, will be interesting to see what these go for sale for. Ball suggest £3,000, but I cant see an LE being cheaper than a standard watch.
If anybody is keen, I'm looking to sell this watch (house purchase funds required). Looking for £1800, a bargain for a beautiful COSC certified watch :thumbsup:

eBay link is here (you'll note the substantial forum discount.... you're welcome :P )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Limited-Edit ... 3243674557
Image
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

Hilly30si
Member
Member
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 pm
Location: By the M6 Toll Rd Staffordshire

Lets see your Watches

Post by Hilly30si » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:23 pm

This landed about an hour ago really thrilled with it. The third time in buying a Planet Ocean but this time it’s the 42mm those 46mm are just a tad to heavy. This one as been modified with it having the Adjustable clasp,recent service and refurb by Omega. It’s like new.
BA13330C-54CE-4774-A7D9-FFC09363D64D.jpeg
BA13330C-54CE-4774-A7D9-FFC09363D64D.jpeg (264.58 KiB) Viewed 58 times
56167E29-04CA-41EB-AFB1-B780F1479E64.jpeg
56167E29-04CA-41EB-AFB1-B780F1479E64.jpeg (321.21 KiB) Viewed 58 times
727B96BA-E0D3-46F8-807B-B8EA30FA23AB.jpeg
727B96BA-E0D3-46F8-807B-B8EA30FA23AB.jpeg (256.99 KiB) Viewed 58 times
Paul
My Cars

5 Series 2.0 d SE Touring Black Shaphire Metalic
17 Golf GT 1.6 tdi in Tornado Red

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests