Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lets see your Watches

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by Smartbear » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Pastry wrote:
MrPT wrote:Bought a LM Racing (Black) after seeing ZermattV's post in the Cheap-ish watches thread. Gave it to someone as a present but decided I really needed an Omologato watch. So here's my new cheapie (expensive for me!):

https://www.omologatowatches.com/products/the-gt-swb
I do like that, will have to do some window shopping.
With all those dials & timers you can work out how long to the next latrine break to the nearest nanosecond :poke:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Lets see your Watches

Post by sticky » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Latest addition
Attachments
2016-12-01 20.09.08.jpg
2016-12-01 20.09.08.jpg (69.62 KiB) Viewed 1313 times

wspohn

Lets see your Watches

Post by wspohn » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Pastry wrote: With all those dials & timers you can work out how long to the next latrine break to the nearest nanosecond :poke:
Rob
It is a manifestation of life's unfairness that by the time you have enough disposable income to afford a chronograph with all sorts of subdials and special features, you can no longer read them....
Vancouver BC, Canada
2007 Z4MC
2009 Solstice GXP coupe
1962 MGA Coupe
1956 MGA (rebody+re-engined)
1958 MGA Twin Cam race car
1972 Jensen Interceptor

Lets see your Watches

Post by sticky » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Watch sites, Chrono24.com chronomatic.com Had some success on ebay but be careful. parkers jewelry has a lot.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by mr.tourette » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:50 pm

just had this beauty land

if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

wspohn

Lets see your Watches

Post by wspohn » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:37 pm

VoortOne wrote:Hi Guys! Recently, A friend of mine and I launches a new kickstarter watch project call Voort ONE. ONE is a crownless timepiece that offers a simple, fuss free way to set the time.
Nice looking watch but quite an old idea. Le Coultre started production of the Futurematic in 1953 without external crown, using a slim button on the back to set the time. It was a fully automatic movement, with a stopwork that halted the movement when there wa still some time left in the spring - pick it up and it starts immediately again (you have to use the button on the back to reset the time.

I have a black and gold version the most attractive to my taste.

Vancouver BC, Canada
2007 Z4MC
2009 Solstice GXP coupe
1962 MGA Coupe
1956 MGA (rebody+re-engined)
1958 MGA Twin Cam race car
1972 Jensen Interceptor

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Lets see your Watches

Post by mr wilks » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:34 pm

Another delightful Eterna auto popped up online :cry: not seen this finish before & i love it :)
2017 i may just take the plunge on the USA purchase caper & brace myself for the duties as its still under half what they sell for here
Attachments
kontiki chrono.jpg
kontiki chrono.jpg (51.95 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Dietcokeman

Lets see your Watches

Post by Dietcokeman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:15 am

Happy Christmas to me .....please excuse the amount of pictures but this is beautifully executed .....

Sooo.......here it is........

This watch is a work of art with loads of attention to detail ,here are some pictures of the engine turned dial which has five layers, each with a differing finish, and the applied marker and printed numerals are really well executed.

Sunburst dial centre
Engine turned section

Notice how the outer track has little cut outs for the applied 4 sided diamond markers

Each sub dial has a different finish

Hopefully these pictures show the incredible detail on the watch,the coin edged case sides, the way the strap fits up to the head and completes a seemless transition from the strap to bezel and onto the domed crystal .

Another slight quirky thing here, for a chrono, is the Minute counting hand of the stop watch, which runs off the centre pinion rather than on a sub dial,meaning that there are 4 hands for the main dial. In reality its more difficult to read IMO than a sub dial lay out, but i quite like it being different to the norm. So with a 3rd sub dial free, Breguet have used this for a 24hr hand,its a shame really that they couldn't have made this a GMT dial. Also i like the cut of the date window and the black on white date wheel. Anyway......I'm chuffed with it.

Lets see your Watches

Post by sticky » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 am

mr wilks wrote:Another delightful Eterna auto popped up online :cry: not seen this finish before & i love it :)
2017 i may just take the plunge on the USA purchase caper & brace myself for the duties as its still under half what they sell for here

Might be cheaper to fly there, mail the boxes and papers back to yourself and wear the watch home, how much is the price difference ??

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by patriot66 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Wow Dietcokeman! That truly is special and beautifully presented too. Very, very nice. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Lets see your Watches

Post by mr wilks » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm

sticky wrote:
mr wilks wrote:Another delightful Eterna auto popped up online :cry: not seen this finish before & i love it :)

Might be cheaper to fly there, mail the boxes and papers back to yourself and wear the watch home, how much is the price difference ??
IF you can find one here they are usually around £2200 for the auto :cry: that USA one is around £950 if import duties are circa $250
Quartz ones around £1200

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eterna-KonTiki ... hrono+auto
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Lets see your Watches

Post by sticky » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:24 pm

mr wilks wrote:
sticky wrote:

IF you can find one here they are usually around £2200 for the auto :cry: that USA one is around £950 if import duties are circa $250
Quartz ones around £1200

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eterna-KonTiki ... hrono+auto

Check out Chrono24.com available from various Germany and Switzerland

Paulr

Lets see your Watches

Post by Paulr » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:43 pm

That Brequet watch box probably cost more than my Z4. Substantially so. It, and the watch of course, is a thing of beauty indeed.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

Pastry

Lets see your Watches

Post by Pastry » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:54 pm

So very nearly bought this today in goldsmiths,
IMG_1775.PNG
IMG_1775.PNG (214.9 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
if they the same salesman had been about and willing to do a deal on my second visit, I'd be wearing it now! :?
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by Smartbear » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Pastry wrote:So very nearly bought this today in goldsmiths,

IMG_1775.PNG

if they the same salesman had been about and willing to do a deal on my second visit, I'd be wearing it now! :?
That's too classy for you mate :poke:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold