Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Zedless for a while - it's back :-) . . . insurance update

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Zedless for a while - it's back :-)

Post by Chris_D » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Marlon wrote:
Chris_D wrote:Anythings an improvement to make it more visible Marlon :thumbsup: got one for the back too?

I've taken to parking mine down the road in a section of parking where there are never any cars parked as I realise that I have idiots for neighbours. Well, idiots with kids to be precise. On more than one occasion i've seen my neighbours kiddybrat swing open the door of their car after parking next to mine without a care in the world! If it had been parked closer to mine it would have made a significant ding. Both occasions I consider to be purely lucky on my part that no damage was done and the parents don't really give a sh!t sadly.
Hence, it's only a matter of time that a door ding will occur. This way it reduces the chances of that and I can still check on it from time to time from the top floor balcony.
Maybe a suggestion for yourself if there's a relatively quiet part of the road? I rented out a space on my front drive to a neighbour at my UK place as he had concerns about leaving his new merc parked out on the road. I gladly obliged him for a negligible fee. Maybe also an idea to knock on some doors and politely enquire?
Just a thought....
I've looked into lockup garages in the past Chris, and also considered 'renting' off road parking at a neighbours, but apart from the insurance complications of parking at someone else's address I couldn't find any obvious spaces close by. I found one lockup garage but it was too far away and to be honest I didn't like the idea of my car locked up in a garage half a mile away - hardly convenient. I like the fact I can look out of the window now and see it right outside. Lets just hope there are no more 'freak' accidents.
I get it. Fingers crossed for u mate.... :thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Repair and paint match look faultless. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Great to read you're back on the road Marlon. Work done looks spot on and the company involved sound very reassuring :thumbsup:

As you get so much from your Zed ownership it's great to see this incident progressed so quickly and relatively straightforwardly. :thumbsup:

Hope the insurance isn't too much of a pain. :(
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

sharpyboy

Post by sharpyboy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Glad you have your car back and that it has been repaired properly, I like the high viz strip but I can't imagine how the other car failed to see your red paintwork it's a fantastic colour. :thumbsup:
2006 Z4 2.5i gap-tech rch+ roof mod + zhp + roof motor now in boot + DLV Exhaust mod

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Insurance update . . .

This happened back in November 2016 and my insurance paid out for all the repairs. Bill came to £2,600 (needed new steering rack) and I got the car back as good as new - better actually cos they gave the front end a full respray.
Anyway at the time I was dreading my insurance renewal in October 2017 and the inevitable hike in my premium.
So my renewal quote from LV came in the post today. Its has increased but only by £3 per month :D
LV are still in the process of claiming from the 3rd party who hit me so I guess that this renewal quote isn't taking into account the claim as they are hoping to recover it. I'm still surprised that the premium has hardly risen, not complaining though - happy days :driving:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Marlon wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:05 pm Insurance update . . .

This happened back in November 2016 and my insurance paid out for all the repairs. Bill came to £2,600 (needed new steering rack) and I got the car back as good as new - better actually cos they gave the front end a full respray.
Anyway at the time I was dreading my insurance renewal in October 2017 and the inevitable hike in my premium.
So my renewal quote from LV came in the post today. Its has increased but only by £3 per month :D
LV are still in the process of claiming from the 3rd party who hit me so I guess that this renewal quote isn't taking into account the claim as they are hoping to recover it. I'm still surprised that the premium has hardly risen, not complaining though - happy days :driving:
That's bearable as far as price hikes go! I didn't realise the culprit had been found?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Woman was on drugs and uninsured - after she hit my car she wrapped hers around a tree and ended up in critical condition in hospital. The car she was driving was insured so they a pursuing the owner. 11 months so far
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Marlon wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:38 pm Woman was on drugs and uninsured - after she hit my car she wrapped hers around a tree and ended up in critical condition in hospital. The car she was driving was insured so they a pursuing the owner. 11 months so far
Wowzer, there's certainly some nutters out there :o
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Smartbear wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:41 pm
Marlon wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:38 pm Woman was on drugs and uninsured - after she hit my car she wrapped hers around a tree and ended up in critical condition in hospital. The car she was driving was insured so they a pursuing the owner. 11 months so far
Wowzer, there's certainly some nutters out there :o
Rob
Don't think Marlon qualifies as a nutter, Smartbear :wink:
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."