Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wot I did today

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
SeanConnor

Wot I did today

Post by SeanConnor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:40 am

bluespit wrote:bought this

winter do-er-upper

That brings a bit of a lump to my throat but many happy memories. My late uncle Matt (who was my favourite uncle) had one of these in the early '70s. The colour as I remember is Blaze Red (orange really). He lived a mile or so from my parents and used to come over every Sunday for dinner. He was a confirmed bachelor (though popular with the ladies) , gadget addict and petrol head. Tis him that I inherit my love of cars from. Every Sunday I would walk over to his place and he would reverse the car from its garage. We would then swap places :-)
I must have been about 10. The garage was about 1/2 a mile from the road and on private land. I was allowed to drive it almost to the public highway. We would then swap places again and he would drive to my parents.

Happy days :D :D
2008 Sport Coupe Automatic with lots of extras.

Now with cruise control and Mediabridge :driving: Gold wheels HAVE BEEN SACKED.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by Smartbear » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:58 am

I replaced the oil filter housing O ring to cure a slight but persistently annoying oil weep :x
Simples :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Paulr

Wot I did today

Post by Paulr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Took my aerial off & drilled out the base in preparation for a new stubby (other one snapped off). Ordered some door panel clips and the lock rod clip.

Put a cover on it in the vague hope that the rain will not fill up the roof motor bucket.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by Chris_D » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Gave my dad a big hug after arriving at Liverpool airport. His mum passed away recently at the ripe old age of 101, bless her.
:|
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

bluespit

Wot I did today

Post by bluespit » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Sean, if you find yourself in the Chester area and the weather is half decent, pop me a message and I'll let you take it for a blast!
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by Smartbear » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:41 pm

Paulr wrote:The Smart Roadster forum had a 'what did you do to you car today' thread, mainly because you were always having to do something!

So I thought I would just do the same here, for no readily apparent reason other than it amuses me.

Today, I put sound deadening in the drivers side door, noticed at least 5 clips missing, and the lock rod retainer had also broken. Off to BMW to get some clips on Monday then! Door sounds better when closing it though, much less tinny. Took about an hour, and was pretty straightforward.

I might tackle the roof motor soon.

Anyone else do anything?
I'm having flashbacks of theroadster.net & some of the Characters on there after seeing this pop up, still friends with some of them on fb :)
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Wot I did today

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:53 pm

Collected the Z4 from the menders, complete with new inlet camshaft Vanos solenoid valve - hopefully that is the end of the EML illuminations! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

SeanConnor

Wot I did today

Post by SeanConnor » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:35 am

bluespit wrote:Sean, if you find yourself in the Chester area and the weather is half decent, pop me a message and I'll let you take it for a blast!
Brilliant ! My mum and dad live in Bromborough so I just might do that. Many thanks for the offer. :thumbsup:

Sean
2008 Sport Coupe Automatic with lots of extras.

Now with cruise control and Mediabridge :driving: Gold wheels HAVE BEEN SACKED.

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by RickRob » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Took the dog for a 2 hour walk.

Gave the engine bay (of the car, not the dog) a quick once over - it was clean already:

At last fitted the new headlamp washer having finished painting it at last. Top tip: When the tin says spray at room temperature it is for a reason. unless you do that the paint doesn't dry shiny:

Fitted some new number plate holders. Thought that the car didn't have enough ///Mness. The old rear one had on it the phone numbers of the dealer who supplied it, which was bugging me. The rear one is fine, but the front one doesn't really fit too well as the plate holder is flat but the front of the car is curved;

I'd like to thank Daizy for all of her help, but I won't because she was a real pest running off with cloths, number plates, screw drivers etc! But she gets a pic as well (with a rather fine shot of the whippy I thought):

Now going to watch the Grand Prix - hoping for a miracle that Lewis does it!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by john-e89 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:54 pm

That bay looks showroom Rick, superb!! :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by Swiftly » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:18 pm

Well I decided to do some much needed DIY as the washer jets weren't flowing properly due to filter's being blocked. Drained off the old washer fluid and removed the bottle to gain access to the filter's. Gave them and the washer bottle a good clean and rinse out, reassembled and after 30 minutes worth of effort, the jets are all working as normal :D
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by markeg » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:57 pm

RickRob wrote:
I'd like to thank Daizy for all of her help, but I won't because she was a real pest running off with cloths, number plates, screw drivers etc! But she gets a pic as well (with a rather fine shot of the whippy I thought)...
I thought only boy dogs had whippies ;)
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by Grumpyowl » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Image[/url]

Daizy has made a fine looking dog and looks to be a good size for a bitch :thumbsup:

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by RickRob » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:53 pm

john-e89 wrote:That bay looks showroom Rick, superb!! :thumbsup:
Thanks John! Hope that you are on the mend. :thumbsup:
Grumpyowl wrote:Daizy has made a fine looking dog and looks to be a good size for a bitch :thumbsup:
She certainly has turned out to be a good looker. The picture makes her look chunkier than she really is, but now she's almost fully grown she should now fill out. To us she is still quite small. Her predecessor Zak weighed 55kg, Daizy is 33kg. And now the much-needed obedience training steps up a gear - her recall currently alternates between minimal and non-existent!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Paulr

Wot I did today

Post by Paulr » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Despite the fact that modern garages seem to be built for Truimph Heralds, I managed to squeeze my z4 into the garage, with the hood down to clear the open boat hanging from the roof.

Feeling happier about it now as I need to relocate the roof motor. Everytime in rained I got worried!
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.