Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wot I did today

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Wot I did today

Post by buzyg » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:27 pm

Paulr wrote:Despite the fact that modern garages seem to be built for Truimph Heralds, I managed to squeeze my z4 into the garage, with the hood down to clear the open boat hanging from the roof.

Feeling happier about it now as I need to relocate the roof motor. Everytime in rained I got worried!
The Zed is not the narrowest car in the world. I was following a mk1 Skooby Sti yesterday. My they are slim creatures. 8) Slow though. :wink:

Pastry

Wot I did today

Post by Pastry » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:55 pm

RickRob wrote:Took the dog for a 2 hour walk.
Gave the engine bay (of the car, not the dog) a quick once over - it was clean already:
fitted the new headlamp washer having finished painting it at last.
Fitted some new number plate holders
I'd like to thank Daizy for all of her help, but I won't because she was a real pest running off with cloths, number plates, screw drivers etc! But she gets a pic as well (with a rather dated shot of the whippy)
Now going to watch the Grand Prix - hoping for a miracle that Lewis does it!
But you missed the most important thing.... change that rotten old whippy for a modern stubby and join the 21s century :poke:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by RickRob » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Pastry wrote:
Gave the engine bay (of the car, not the dog) a quick once over - it was clean already:
I'd like to thank Daizy for all of her help, but I won't because she was a real pest running off with cloths, number plates, screw drivers etc! But she gets a pic as well (with a rather dated shot of the whippy)
But you missed the most important thing.... change that rotten old whippy for a modern stubby and join the 21s century :poke:
Even if I was given a free choice of stubbies that I didn't have to pay for and was promised free fitting by a bevy of bikini-clad hotties, the whippy would stay. :lol:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Pastry

Wot I did today

Post by Pastry » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:34 pm

RickRob wrote:
Pastry wrote:
Even if I was given a free choice of stubbies that I didn't have to pay for and was promised free fitting by a bevy of bikini-clad hotties, the whippy would stay. :lol:
Really???!!!!! I caved at the bikini-clad hotties :D
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

Paulr

Wot I did today

Post by Paulr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Got some door panel clips and the locking rod clip through the post, s put them on to the drivers door today. Amazing how many were broken.

Also hopefully located the source of a really annoying trim trim rattle from the roof, I found I had a thin plastic connector thingy broken on the front bit of the roof mechanism. Still works fine, not sure what is was there for, but I am hoping it was the remenants of it rattling.

Aadjusted the bonnet so it sits perfectly.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by Smartbear » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi paul, let us see the "thin plastic connector thingy" got a pic?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Wrs

Wot I did today

Post by Wrs » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:34 pm

I drove my Audi A4 DD to the tyre fitters along with 4x 326 alloys in tow.

I got the alloys removed from the Bridgestone run flats and drove the tyres back home.

I picked up the Zed and drove back to tyre fitters. They took the CSL alloys off the car and fitted the 326 alloys to the MPSS tyres. I inspected the paintwork under workshop lights. 8)

I drove the Zed home and put her in the garage. So glad the 326 alloys are back on - they look great! :thumbsup:

Drove the Audi back to the tyre fitters to collect the CSL alloys and took them home.

Are you guys bored yet?.. Good effort right? I feel like I've spent the day in a gym, not that I truly know how that feels. :oops:

I then prepared the CSL's for sale, good thorough clean and 2 doses of PB wheel sealant applied. Photographs taken & AD posted. A couple of unwanted / negative posts later :thumbsdown: I cracked open a Peroni or 2 to enjoy the rare evening in by myself as the missus is away for a 'girls night' in Sussex. Roll on TV I want to watch :D
Gone - Black Sapphire Z4 E89 35is
Gone - Midnight Blue Z4 E85 3.0si

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by john-e89 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Wrs wrote:I drove my Audi A4 DD to the tyre fitters along with 4x 326 alloys in tow.

I got the alloys removed from the Bridgestone run flats and drove the tyres back home.

I picked up the Zed and drove back to tyre fitters. They took the CSL alloys off the car and fitted the 326 alloys to the MPSS tyres. I inspected the paintwork under workshop lights. 8)

I drove the Zed home and put her in the garage. So glad the 326 alloys are back on - they look great! :thumbsup:

Drove the Audi back to the tyre fitters to collect the CSL alloys and took them home.

Are you guys bored yet?.. Good effort right? I feel like I've spent the day in a gym, not that I truly know how that feels. :oops:

I then prepared the CSL's for sale, good thorough clean and 2 doses of PB wheel sealant applied. Photographs taken & AD posted. A couple of unwanted / negative posts later :thumbsdown: I cracked open a Peroni or 2 to enjoy the rare evening in by myself as the missus is away for a 'girls night' in Sussex. Roll on TV I want to watch :D
If you're happy then you've done the right thing Wrs, have a good evening.. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Wrs

Wot I did today

Post by Wrs » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:49 pm

john-e89 wrote:
Wrs wrote:I drove my Audi A4 DD to the tyre fitters along with 4x 326 alloys in tow.

If you're happy then you've done the right thing Wrs, have a good evening.. :thumbsup:
Very happy John. The same to you Sir! Wishing you a speedy recovery too.
Gone - Black Sapphire Z4 E89 35is
Gone - Midnight Blue Z4 E85 3.0si

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by john-e89 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Thanks very much Will, I'm on the right road now. :)
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Paulr

Wot I did today

Post by Paulr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:05 pm

MOT today, no issues wht so ever, but some nice comments about the condition of the car.

Also, I did the spraying the inside trim with much silicon spray and it has reduced the squeaking to almost nothing! Trouble is, it means I can hear the quieter & difficult to locate ones now!

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Wot I did today

Post by markeg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:48 pm

Picked up #108 from the bodyshop after getting the front end resprayed. Some toe rag scraped the side when in Reading station carpark a few weeks back, so had them do a full strip back and respray. Expensive, but worth it - looks like new now. :thumbsup:

As usual, some photos - unfortunately she's in the garage now as its cold outside, so the cloud doesn't pop, but it's a near perfect match :)

Look, no scratches :thumbsup:

Bonnet gap isn't right though, but as I'm taking the bumper off again this winter to alter the headlights, i'll live with it for the moment Image
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Wot I did today

Post by buzyg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Pastry wrote:
RickRob wrote:
Pastry wrote: But you missed the most important thing.... change that rotten old whippy for a modern stubby and join the 21s century :poke:
Really???!!!!! I caved at the bikini-clad hotties :D
:lol: I caved at the word free. :D

Paulr

Wot I did today

Post by Paulr » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Put my private plates on:

SpiketheBike

Wot I did today

Post by SpiketheBike » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Gone from yellow to white! Also swapped out individual vanity lights, glove box and boot lights. Don't have footwell or door lights.

Ordered a stubby. :thumbsup:
Attachments
20161214_111549.jpg
20161214_111549.jpg (45.64 KiB) Viewed 863 times
20161214_114043.jpg
20161214_114043.jpg (47.29 KiB) Viewed 863 times
2011 Z4 SDrive 23i Highline pack. White with Coral Red leather, 18" 293s with RFTs & Pirellis. LED interior lights. Cree 80W Angel Eyes. Stubby