Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Health insurance recommendations

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Rob_benton

Post by Rob_benton » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 pm

I expect they can all be difficult. No different to car insurance!!
2005 Z4 3.0 Black, Zhp gear knob.

extrablatt

Post by extrablatt » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Rob_benton wrote: Thanks for the info. Vitality is one I'm looking at. The concern I have is they have a lot of paperwork to go through for a claim and negative reviews. But I know most reviewer are the negative ones.
You're welcome. I used to have Vitality through an employer and found making a claim dead easy. They were really accommodating when I was changing jobs and needed to make a claim before my cover finished. I only paid for local (non-London hospitals) yet they let me see a surgeon at the rather exclusive Hospital of St John & Elizabeth when they couldn't get me into his other clinic in Reading before my coverage lapsed. (The lobby of that hospital was nicer than many hotels I've stayed in...)

I did go for moratorium underwriting so I couldn't make a claim on anything I'd previously received treatment for a period of two years. As my injuries were sport-related it wasn't an issue, but if someone has chronic conditions they may need to go for full underwriting but I believe it bars you from making any claims on pre-existing conditions.
2013 E89 35iS Mineral White
19" 326M | heated seats & wheel | pro nav & hifi | stubby

Gone: 2010 E89 23i Space Grey