Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sodding neighbours

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
VRSteve

Sodding neighbours

Post by VRSteve » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:25 pm

buzyg wrote:Yup, if you are injured on that ice he is liable, as far as I am aware
Nope
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Sodding neighbours

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Just a thought OP, but if I was thinking of the Raymond.harper extreme approach I wouldn't buy an old car, I'd just rent one for a day and take the CDW - then you can hit his car properly without having the post-accident arguments! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

pvr
Legend
Legend

Sodding neighbours

Post by pvr » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Mr Tidy wrote:Just a thought OP, but if I was thinking of the Raymond.harper extreme approach I wouldn't buy an old car, I'd just rent one for a day and take the CDW - then you can hit his car properly without having the post-accident arguments! :lol:
Or courtesy car from the dealer.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Sodding neighbours

Post by buzyg » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:09 pm

VRSteve wrote:
buzyg wrote:Yup, if you are injured on that ice he is liable, as far as I am aware
Nope
So it's just on your own land some one can sew you then?

mattyp

Sodding neighbours

Post by mattyp » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:53 pm

buzyg wrote:
VRSteve wrote:
Nope
Struggling to see the point of this thread now, but its had me in stitches :tumbleweed:
E86 2007 Monaco Blue Metallic 3.0 Si SE with Beige Heated Leather

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Sodding neighbours

Post by buzyg » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:44 am

mattyp wrote:
buzyg wrote:
VRSteve wrote:
Nope
Struggling to see the point of this thread now, but its had me in stitches :tumbleweed:
That's the point of most of the threads. That and to keep me from the bottle. :D

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Sodding neighbours

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:08 am

VRSteve wrote: Nope
Good luck with that approach!

There are pretty good odds that the OP would have a successful claim subject to the prevailing weather, forecast weather, actual weather conditions and their similarity to prevailing/predicted conditions, although it may be a major PITA to get anywhere with any legal action - mainly thanks to Defendants with the VRSteve opinion! :roll:

(The real world doesn't generally work to the "Nope" concept) ! :cry:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

VRSteve

Sodding neighbours

Post by VRSteve » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Mr Tidy wrote:
VRSteve wrote: Nope
Good luck with that approach!

There are pretty good odds that the OP would have a successful claim subject to the prevailing weather, forecast weather, actual weather conditions and their similarity to prevailing/predicted conditions, although it may be a major PITA to get anywhere with any legal action - mainly thanks to Defendants with the VRSteve opinion! :roll:

(The real world doesn't generally work to the "Nope" concept) ! :cry:
So you are suggesting that before anyone cleans a car they should check prevailing weather, forecast weather, actual weather conditions and their similarity to prevailing/predicted conditions????

Yeah OK!!!!

Bottom line is to succeed you'd need to prove negligence, and I don't see it. I see selfishness, stupidity, but not negligence.
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

Geezah

Sodding neighbours

Post by Geezah » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Stitches! Ha! Am I the only one to have got that buzyg? :lol:
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

Sodding neighbours

Post by sticky » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:16 pm

???? drival ???? try drivel, sew ??????? try sue. switch on spell check. :poke: :poke: :P

*AL*

Sodding neighbours

Post by *AL* » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Speak to him and explain your displeasure, that's always the first step. Be calm and polite, if it doesn't go well then you'll know for sure he's a pr#ck. Legally you can't do much, I'd just ignore the t**t.
2009 (59) Z4 E89 3.0i Sdrive in deep sea blue, white extended leather, I-drive, folding mirrors. Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Sodding neighbours

Post by ronk » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:43 pm

*AL* wrote:Speak to him and explain your displeasure, that's always the first step. Be calm and polite, if it doesn't go well then you'll know for sure he's a pr#ck. Legally you can't do much, I'd just ignore the t**t.
That about sums it up!

1. He is a pri#ck (1st Class )
2. I (and others) do ignore the t##t

I suppose there's not much more to be done.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Havard

Sodding neighbours

Post by Havard » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:12 am

ronk wrote:
*AL* wrote:Speak to him and explain your displeasure, that's always the first step. Be calm and polite, if it doesn't go well then you'll know for sure he's a pr#ck. Legally you can't do much, I'd just ignore the t**t.
That about sums it up!

The "kill him" option is always open. I tend to find that if people think you are a nutter, they are more considerate.

H.
ImageImage

Confused®

Sodding neighbours

Post by Confused® » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:04 am

Shake your car mats off every time you see him cleaning his car, that should p*** him off. favourable prevailing wind of course.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Sodding neighbours

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:44 am

Havard wrote:
ronk wrote:
That about sums it up!

The "kill him" option is always open. I tend to find that if people think you are a nutter, they are more considerate.

H.
Zactly :thumbsup:
Works for me everytime :wink:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.