Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

10 years of iPhone

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
jimmybell

10 years of iPhone

Post by jimmybell » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:22 pm

Oooh instagram - that's a hobby i need to pick up again. Probably the best social network! anyone want an instagram friend?!
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

10 years of iPhone

Post by tomscott » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:26 pm

jimmybell wrote:Oooh instagram - that's a hobby i need to pick up again. Probably the best social network! anyone want an instagram friend?!
Not sure if that's sarcasm or not :rofl:

Mines tomscottphotography if anyone wants to follow! I do like following all the Zs on insta! There are quite a few members I follow that put up some lovely pics of their Zs!
Last edited by tomscott on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sky-drive

10 years of iPhone

Post by Sky-drive » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:26 pm

You'd have thought the speccy spotty know-it-all teenager in the O2 shop :poke: might have known that the Edge phone could be configured for left handed folk ... never mind I only had the thing for a week and I gave it back. Every time I picked the thing up I would trip the screen by holding the edge, drove me nuts! And the size of the screen made it just too cumbersome to use with one hand.

Its the iPhone all the way for me despite its Achilles heel of poor battery performance
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

obewan

10 years of iPhone

Post by obewan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:37 pm

I've had a mobile provided by the company for years - always fairly decent spec and Android
Didn't really understand what the fuss was about with iPhones (both my sons had them)
Just before Xmas when an upgrade was due the company gave us a choice - A Samsung the size of a small tablet or an iPhone 5se

I picked the iPhone - absolutely delighted with it and it fits in my pocket! :D
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

David-H

10 years of iPhone

Post by David-H » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Always been a fan of Apple and sold my 64Gb 6S and my 16Gb 6 Plus last year so that I could get a 32Gb 7 and keep quite a bit of money. I'm very pleased with the 7 and battery life is improved over the 6S but not better than the 6+. However, on the other "plus" side, the 7 fits the onboard cradles that I have in my 35i and my Mini Countryman whereas the 6+ didn't and was too big for my fleece/shirt pockets.

Couldn't think of going Android when I also have the 27" iMac, iPad Air2, iPad mini4, Apple watch and several iPods. :roll:

Missus has an iPhone 6, 21.5" iMac, iPad mini3 and is very happy with them.
Last edited by David-H on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMW Z4 3.0i auto ¦ Titanium Silver
107's : Drexler LSD
BMW M6 Gran Coupe ¦ Black Sapphire Metallic
DCT box with competition pack
Audi R8 4.2 Quattro¦ Grey metallic
6-speed manual :driving:

Vonlipvig

10 years of iPhone

Post by Vonlipvig » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Wow 10 years, I was only just legal down the local!

If you have the full apple eco system it is great, I know a lot of people with that setup and it works perfectly for them. Myself, never been a fan of anything apple, to me all their products are expensive for what they are and their aggressive use of patents as well as claiming they are the first to do something when they are not (video calling) gets my goat.

Got to hand it to them though, it works for so many people and their marketing guys do a fantastic job! I know I'm more than likely in the minority here :P
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

pvr
Legend
Legend

10 years of iPhone

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:01 pm

I have to admit to using a Mac Mini in full windows mode as my office machine. I could not find a "proper" windows machine for that price, with 3 years warranty included and that size. It fits perfectly between my desk drawers and top.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

10 years of iPhone

Post by TitanTim » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Loved the iPhone when they first came out and subsequent models but then the 5 killed it off for me and somehow the novelty wore off, I think there are other phones that simply do it better these days. I'm still likeing my HTC M8 after 2 years apart from the camera which is poor but any replacement must have stereo speakers as on the HTC which is the main pull for me, they just sound great for videos etc.

Tim.

extrablatt

10 years of iPhone

Post by extrablatt » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Had an S2 for work but really didn't get on with it. I don't like the Samsung UI. Being a Z4 owner I liked more niche phones so I had a Palm Pre -- remember those?? -- and a Windows phone before I ventured into iOS territory.

Had a 4, 5, 6 and now 7+ because of the camera. Got the bigger phone to watch Netflix, do crosswords, insta and browse this forum :) while I'm on the train to work.

The larger phone screen means I have no need for an iPad. I've noticed that own iPads don't generally take them out of the house. They can be found replacing the magazine rack in the bathroom :rofl:

(But I do see the odd showoff on the train with the giant iPad pro, somehow trying to use it sat in standard class.)

I am fortunate to have a Mac at work and since then we splashed out and bought an iMac for home.

I also do not have the Apple Watch, tending to favour Garmin devices more. The new Fēnix 5 watches they announced this week at CES look like possible contenders for my next fitness watch https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/552982
2013 E89 35iS Mineral White
19" 326M | heated seats & wheel | pro nav & hifi | stubby

Gone: 2010 E89 23i Space Grey

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

10 years of iPhone

Post by Carol M » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:38 pm

I've got my 1st gen iPhone. Hoping it is worth loads of money one day.
Wouldn't have one now, much prefer android.

pvr
Legend
Legend

10 years of iPhone

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Carol M wrote:I've got my 1st gen iPhone. Hoping it is worth loads of money one day.
Wouldn't have one now, much prefer android.
Just curious - what exactly do you prefer on android?
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

10 years of iPhone

Post by TitanTim » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:56 pm

The problem is with 1st gen phones etc is you can't connect to itunes anymore can you? when I tried it wouldn't connect as itunes said the operating system was too old and it wouldn't let me upgrade ios, unsure if thats the case which in effect makes the phone pretty useless. It seems a cunning way with these things to make you upgrade after a few years.

Tim.

philip27

10 years of iPhone

Post by philip27 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:59 pm

I had my share of iPhones upto the 5s I did like them a lot. When the 6 came out I just decided I needed a change and got a Galaxy S5. It was a great phone but the build quality and materials made it feel cheap I did like the extendable storage though. Picked up a Galaxy S7 edge last year when they came out and really like it. I think it's a great device and works superbly well and Samsung finally have started making devices that dont feel cheap. Just ignore the disaster that was the Note 7 !!!

I still really like my iPad and could be tempted back to an iPhone one day although I think the gap has closed since the days of the iPhone 4 & 5. There is no denying the impact Apple have had with the iPhone. It was such a leap forward at the time and remains very easy to use and appeals to a wide audience a great piece of technology.
Went to the dark side Porsche Cayman 987s
Crimson Red E89 23i - :(
Maldives Blue E85 2.5i - Sold :(

MattHall91

10 years of iPhone

Post by MattHall91 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:08 pm

I've had a few and have tried other brands in between. Always ended up coming back to Apple in the end.

iPhone history below:

3GS
6 64gb

Work iPhone history:

SE
5S
Now: Diseasal company cars (for now)
Gone: Z4 Coupe 3.0si - Montego Blue

jimmybell

10 years of iPhone

Post by jimmybell » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:13 pm

tomscott wrote:
jimmybell wrote:Oooh instagram - that's a hobby i need to pick up again. Probably the best social network! anyone want an instagram friend?!
Not sure if that's sarcasm or not :rofl:

Mines tomscottphotography if anyone wants to follow! I do like following all the Zs on insta! There are quite a few members I follow that put up some lovely pics of their Zs!

haha sorry - no sarcasm! i started getting into instagram, quite liked it - a bit more pure, less ads and less crap content. People try much harder to make quality content on instagram and i genuinely appreciate looking at peoples photo skills or seeing peoples experiences.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK